Just bought a 93 Cobra... I think

stangbear427

Established Member
Heh! Rochester is where I met the guy to buy it. Well, exit 46 anyway, we didn't actually go into Rochester. Helena, I think it was? Anyway, thanks!

Since I haven't really whored it yet, here it is fresh off the trailor next to my now retired GT, may it RIP:
dsc01925.jpg

stangsteve1993

Established Member
stangbear427 said:
Heh! Rochester is where I met the guy to buy it. Well, exit 46 anyway, we didn't actually go into Rochester. Helena, I think it was? Anyway, thanks!

Since I haven't really whored it yet, here it is fresh off the trailor next to my now retired GT, may it RIP:
dsc01925.jpg

Why the RIP on the gt?

stangbear427

Established Member
Well, I bought it w/155k on it, and it had already been beat too hard for too long by too many people. Too many accidents, too many brake stands, too many morons hacking up the wiring, smoking like a chimney in it, the works. The whole unibody was just tired, interior was tired, drivetrain was abused almost to the point of non function. Then I picked her up and tried to breath new life into her. Put in a $4k suspension, seats, instruments, bolt ons, stereo, just threw stupid money at it for seven years- maintained it fanatically- all the while driving it every day, rain or snow, and driving it hard. I put another 110k on the odo without ever taking the heads off. I think all the bracing I put in is all that's held it together, the whole body is loose. And, it was always missing one of the front inner fenders, and stupid me just never got around to putting one in. All those years of driving it that way just rotted the whole front passenger corner of the car out so bad it isn't worth fixing, since it never really was worth investing in to begin with. That being said, the car doesn't owe me anything. It's run strong and given good mileage the whole time I had it, never let me down, but this last six months it really started going down hill fast. The ol' 5.0 has 266k on it never rebuilt and pounded its whole life, and it needs to be ripped apart but the car isn't worth the expense. Since everything I put in it can come out and will all work in the Cobra and/or my wifes 5.0 LX, I don't lose any of the money I put in it. Now I can put it to rest before it forced me to by blowing up or breaking in half. It was going to do one or the other any day. The old girl has had a rough life, served me well, and I thought I'd keep her going forever, but the body was just never worth what I put into it, and then my negligence with the inner fender just put it over the edge. Don't let the pictures fool you, it was a very photogenic car- but the cancer was just everywhere. Now I've got a clean sheet to start over with, and it's so similar that when my old parts are in it, it may be like my GT isn't really gone after all.

PJM99

Established Member
stangbear427 said:

dsc01925.jpg

Where in CT are you? I'm a member of this club.

www.lmmc-ct.com

Real good group of people and we do a lot of stuff year round. We do a lot of cruises and car shows together. Very knowledgeable people too. Check it out!

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
stangbear427 said:
There are a few VIN size stickers on the fenders and hood that have been painted over, I'm pretty sure these aren't the original fenders.

Something to ponder.

As far as I know, ONLY SVT cars came with VIN decals on the body panels. This applies to all year SVT vehicles.
So more than likely they are the original fenders

Tank5879

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
Something to ponder.

As far as I know, ONLY SVT cars came with VIN decals on the body panels. This applies to all year SVT vehicles.

not true...my bro's 89 mustang gt has vin tags all over it

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Tank5879 said:
not true...my bro's 89 mustang gt has vin tags all over it

Interesting. NONE of my other non svt fords have ever had vin decals on the body panels like my cobra, focus, cobra vert have

Tank5879

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
Interesting. NONE of my other non svt fords have ever had vin decals on the body panels like my cobra, focus, cobra vert have

I dont think my 04 has them either! who knows...I thought it was for theft and chop-shop stuff, but, its wierd casue my 99 explorer dosent have them, neither did my 88,89,90 broncos

SVT1993

Established Member
repsol said:
I don't think your Cobra is real.Take the loss and
accept my $5,000. purchase offer.

Same offer I got from you on my 28K car a few weeks ago.:shrug:

You think someone's going to bite one of these days?

I think some one's going to bite you!:nono:

stangbear427

Established Member
PJM99 said:
Where in CT are you? I'm a member of this club.

www.lmmc-ct.com

Real good group of people and we do a lot of stuff year round. We do a lot of cruises and car shows together. Very knowledgeable people too. Check it out!
Tank5879 said:
where in conn??
New London County.
PJM99 said:
Is the Cobra gonna be your daily driver?
Most definitely!
repsol said:
I don't think your Cobra is real.Take the loss and
accept my $5,000. purchase offer.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, the emoticons aren't working...
LEE93COBRA said:
Something to ponder.

When I said that, the car was still parked in my parents driveway ten miles from my home, and I was relying on my memory. Upon more recent inspection, there weren't any.

Users who are viewing this thread