Just bought a 2011 gt500 10 min ago... Question

dereknel015

Established Member

merkyworks

Established Member
Congrats on the new car man, these things are fun!

This might sound like a stupid question but is your car under a covered roof or garage when its saying no GPS? I ask cause when my car is parked in the garage I get no GPS logo but maps knows I'm at my house cause its the last place I was before GPS dropped out.

GPS needs line of sight to work.

psycholx

ALWAYS STANG, SOMETIMES L
Established Member
The antenna for the gps and xm radio is one in the same.
I don’t believe you can have the screen without the gps.
I have plenty of spare parts if you need something.
I upgrade mine from the radio to the touch screen gps.
View attachment 1480809View attachment 1480810

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Any issues upgrading to nav unit from the original one? Anything special items needed? I was told I could do that because the Nav are mated to the VIN of the car it was originally installed and paired to.

luker669

Established Member
No problems but you need a few things, complete under dash wiring, head unit, screen, wiring to split the antenna, new day light sensor, if your car is a 2012 or older you will need to wire in an amp for sound. If you don’t have dual zone a/c you will with the nav screen but it won’t work unless you add some parts to the heater ducting. It will still work perfect just not dual zone.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Call your dealer and ask for an estimate to diagnose the issue. Might be worth the cost. I know you'd rather not spend the money, but if you've done all the logical/basic troubleshooting, you might save yourself some aggravation by just letting the dealer troubleshoot and fix the system. Unless you're a DIY guy just wanting to do it all yourself. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread