Just about ready after 3 years

big dad

Established Member
Well, today I got the Cobra out of the trailer it's been in for the last 3 years. I'm getting ready to have it dynoed for the first time, and I'm getting the new SCT X4 tuner and removing the Diable chip it's had in it since 03.

I've upgraded the fuel pumps to new GT improved versions, and replaced the MAF with a Granatelli BA2400. The altenator has been also upgraded with a Ford Racing 130A and my personal cooling mod.

In case anyone is wondering it has an Apten port with intake elbow and TB, a 2.8 upper only,Even-Flow cooling mod, and an AFe CAI. Almost forgot it also has a modified FPDM.

It will be tuned by Tim Barth in Rockford. Here's hoping I've covered all my bases, and have all my ducks in a row.

dom418

Established Member
Tim is one of the best tuners in the Midwest. Your car is in good hands. Not crazy about the neighborhood his shop is in though.

big dad

Established Member
My last post was in reference to not driving it for 3 years. For some reason the quote I wanted didn't appear.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Tim did a re-tune for my ported blower & mods last Wednesday. Tim is a great guy, very honest, and an even better tuner plus his wife Rhonda can talk the talk. Tim quoted me $300 for the re-tune but the drive tune he emailed me to get the car to Rockford was spot on, no adjustments needed, so he only charged me for the one pull. Tim's shop has the city fleet contract so the cops are around his place constantly and he has other measures in place to make his customers feel perfectly safe.

akeohan

Established Member
Sounds like you have everything in line to make a smooth dyno tune session. Can't believe you haven't driven the car in 3 years!

Users who are viewing this thread