Jury duty.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Not only do I believe it its 100% TRUE! The guy has a better chance of seeing Elvis at Burger King today before ANY judge gives two shits about someone skipping jury duty!

No, NOTHING will happen if u skip...... NOTHING!

70% of ppl who get jury duty slips ignore them! U think the court is gonna issue warrants for 70% of the people? Its not realistic bro.
Yeah, you can believe that if you want to.

My wife was taking care of her Senior citizen mom who was wheel chair bound. She missed jury duty and had to go to court. When she explained her situation, the judge told her that was no excuse to miss jury duty and fined my wife. So, yes something happens if you decide to just blow it off.

There are ways to get out of it. I was living in TX, but working in NM. I submitted a letter saying so. After my situation was verified I was removed from the TX jury selection list.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

FJohnny

Established Member
If I really thought that something was my duty and was 'the right thing to do' and I didn't do it I would no longer feel that I had the right to complain/badmouth others (politicians, lefties, etc) for not doing their duty or the right thing.

I would really hate to lose that.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Not only do I believe it its 100% TRUE! The guy has a better chance of seeing Elvis at Burger King today before ANY judge gives two shits about someone skipping jury duty!

No, NOTHING will happen if u skip...... NOTHING!

70% of ppl who get jury duty slips ignore them! U think the court is gonna issue warrants for 70% of the people? Its not realistic bro.

Well, I don't know where the hell middle Earth is, but here in Texas if you blow it off you will answer for it.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Well, Texas is conservative and seems to do things properly bro like fighting crime and supporting their Police unlike the rest of the country so thats not a good example lol

Well, I don't know where the hell middle Earth is, but here in Texas if you blow it off you will answer for it.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
This is what some folks have told me too.
My friend said that depending on the location this is definitely true but he wouldn’t risk the consequences of just blowing it off. It’s only a $100 fine but they can **** you when you go to renew your license etc.

So far I like the Bible idea the best.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My friend said that depending on the location this is definitely true but he wouldn’t risk the consequences of just blowing it off. It’s only a $100 fine but they can **** you when you go to renew your license etc.

Not disagreeing, I've never done it.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
1) Be accountable. Go. You admittedly ****ed up, too bad.
2) It’s your duty as a citizen to serve.
3) Ask yourself If you were wrongly accused of a crime, what kind of jurors do you want?

Tough but fair.

or

wear this:

shopping

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just did this early last year. So mine was Federal jury duty at the courthouse downtown Chicago. I reported everyday for a week. I'd call the number at night, give my juror number, and they'd have me report.

My first case was some fine upstanding citizens trying to sue the city of Chicago for excessive force by the police during a gay pride parade. Here is a link. After I knew I didn't get selected, I went and searched the case. They were rioting outside a liquor store and got in the cops face. The cop took the woman down and she alleged to have a seizure. The video of it was epic. The lady definitely deserved an Oscar for her performance of a seizure. It was comical as she flopped around like a fish out of water.

I was interviewed for two cases. Didn't get selected for either. In hindsight, here is what I thought:

Personal Exemptions
The judge was very kind and professional. She encouraged anyone with circumstances that may prevent them for sitting as a juror to voice them ASAP. They don't want to get into the middle of the case and have someone bail. She didn't seem to question anyone's excuses. If anyone voiced a concern, they were let go for the day, and cycled back into the jury pool.

You can also do this before you report. The people on the phone, who you call for jury duty, seem much less tolerant of excuses. I tried to start in asking about impacting my job, etc. and they got very short with me. My opinion, at least in my circumstance, was the judge is a better option to discuss any circumstances with. They may be more willing to accept an exemption.

Interviews
As you get the interview questions, you will be able to stitch together the premise of the case before you get all the details. The questions will make it obvious. You can form your answers to reduce your odds of being selected. For example, "Have you ever attended a protest for or against Police". Choose your answer that will suit your agenda.

In my case, there were 60 jurors. Each of us got called up to the witness stand and the judge asked us the questions. Mind you, the entire court is seated at this point. So it's packed. The lawyers can ask you specific questions also. We had tables of lawyers. Fascinating but still massively intimidating at the same time if that's not an environment you're used to.

So we get to hear everyone's answers, what the counter questions were, etc. By the time we got to the 10th juror, everyone had their answers tuned-up. I knew what my answers were going to be. I was going to be honest. At the end of the day it is a civic duty and if I was on either side, I'd want a juror that is engaged and as unbiased as possible. But, again, choose your answers wisely.

Selection
After listening to the interviews, I had my odds on who would get picked. I was way off. They seemed to pick a wide cross section of folks from a diverse background. Stay at home moms, teachers, a scientist, principle of a school, tradesmen, etc. Many different ethnicities.

In my cases, any allegiance, or perceived allegiance, to police or anything conservative, would've certainly gotten tossed.

Good luck. As an introvert, this was an extremely challenging experience. But I'm also stubborn as ****. Things I see as a challenge make me determined. lol.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member

Getting off lucky there, my county it is $250 fine and a max 2 weeks in the county Hotel Hilton if the judge feels like it.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I just did this early last year. So mine was Federal jury duty at the courthouse downtown Chicago. I reported everyday for a week. I'd call the number at night, give my juror number, and they'd have me report.

My first case was some fine upstanding citizens trying to sue the city of Chicago for excessive force by the police during a gay pride parade. Here is a link. After I knew I didn't get selected, I went and searched the case. They were rioting outside a liquor store and got in the cops face. The cop took the woman down and she alleged to have a seizure. The video of it was epic. The lady definitely deserved an Oscar for her performance of a seizure. It was comical as she flopped around like a fish out of water.

I was interviewed for two cases. Didn't get selected for either. In hindsight, here is what I thought:

Personal Exemptions
The judge was very kind and professional. She encouraged anyone with circumstances that may prevent them for sitting as a juror to voice them ASAP. They don't want to get into the middle of the case and have someone bail. She didn't seem to question anyone's excuses. If anyone voiced a concern, they were let go for the day, and cycled back into the jury pool.

You can also do this before you report. The people on the phone, who you call for jury duty, seem much less tolerant of excuses. I tried to start in asking about impacting my job, etc. and they got very short with me. My opinion, at least in my circumstance, was the judge is a better option to discuss any circumstances with. They may be more willing to accept an exemption.

Interviews
As you get the interview questions, you will be able to stitch together the premise of the case before you get all the details. The questions will make it obvious. You can form your answers to reduce your odds of being selected. For example, "Have you ever attended a protest for or against Police". Choose your answer that will suit your agenda.

In my case, there were 60 jurors. Each of us got called up to the witness stand and the judge asked us the questions. Mind you, the entire court is seated at this point. So it's packed. The lawyers can ask you specific questions also. We had tables of lawyers. Fascinating but still massively intimidating at the same time if that's not an environment you're used to.

So we get to hear everyone's answers, what the counter questions were, etc. By the time we got to the 10th juror, everyone had their answers tuned-up. I knew what my answers were going to be. I was going to be honest. At the end of the day it is a civic duty and if I was on either side, I'd want a juror that is engaged and as unbiased as possible. But, again, choose your answers wisely.

Selection
After listening to the interviews, I had my odds on who would get picked. I was way off. They seemed to pick a wide cross section of folks from a diverse background. Stay at home moms, teachers, a scientist, principle of a school, tradesmen, etc. Many different ethnicities.

In my cases, any allegiance, or perceived allegiance, to police or anything conservative, would've certainly gotten tossed.

Good luck. As an introvert, this was an extremely challenging experience. But I'm also stubborn as ****. Things I see as a challenge make me determined. lol.
Extremely informative. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread