Jury duty.

VegasMichael

Established Member
It’s slightly different but only some locals could point it out.

I knew a guy that could tell somebody what neighborhood they grew up in based on their Boston accent, and he was right almost all the time.
All I know is that in all the places I've lived and been...khakis are a type of slacks one wears. In Bahstin, khakis = car keys. Seriously, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
It’s slightly different but only some locals could point it out.

I knew a guy that could tell somebody what neighborhood they grew up in based on their Boston accent, and he was right almost all the time.
I can just tell they're from Boston, NYC or Minnesota. I knew a guy who could tell the dialects from NY City, Long Island and etc.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I walked in looking like a gorilla dressed to go to the gym and told the lady in charge of the jury pool in my Brockton accent that I can’t sit for too long I have a condition, so I need to walk the halls.

The jury room is on the 5th floor of the courthouse.
She said no problem just don’t stray too far as we might get called down to the court room.
So after walking the halls for 10 minutes I got bored and started running the stairs.
After 10 minutes or so of doing that she comes looking for me and says where have you been? Why are you all sweaty?
You can’t go before the judge looking like this. What’s wrong with you?

I said Not a dam thing and she told me to leave.

Goodbye. Off to the gym.

Your big ass ain't running stairs.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
That word "fit" has multiple definitions now, doesn't it?
White Goodman Reaction GIF

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I walked in looking like a gorilla dressed to go to the gym and told the lady in charge of the jury pool in my Brockton accent that I can’t sit for too long I have a condition, so I need to walk the halls.

The jury room is on the 5th floor of the courthouse.
She said no problem just don’t stray too far as we might get called down to the court room.
So after walking the halls for 10 minutes I got bored and started running the stairs.
After 10 minutes or so of doing that she comes looking for me and says where have you been? Why are you all sweaty?
You can’t go before the judge looking like this. What’s wrong with you?

I said Not a dam thing and she told me to leave.

Goodbye. Off to the gym.

unreall.gif

prs97

Established Member
The absolute worst accents are either N.Y./N.J. I.R.O.C.'s or Boston people.

Best compliment I ever got was from someone at the ticket counter at DFW when I was trying to fly home.

"You don't sound like you're from Long Island"

Users who are viewing this thread