jump on the band wagon of weight loss!

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
Since everyone else is posting threads about weight loss and such.. anybody know whats the best way for females to lose? Id like to drop about 20-30 lbs. Ive completely cut out sodas and am only drinking water or milk now. I noticed about a 8 l drop in 1 week due to stopping sodas. Im watching what i eat ..cutting back on portions and staying away from junk food as much as possible.. and working out about an hour or so a day. But it just seems like i run out of energy so so quick! Ive been told to take a B vitamin that it will help boost my engergy through the day? Any tips guys? If possible i'd like to lose this by summer! I seem to only be losing through my lower waist and hips.. when i need to lose more of my stomache.. im doing around 50-100 sit ups a day also.. any pointers folks?

Common

Established Member
Work on your cardio and you wont run out of energy and also try NOT to eat past 7 or 8pm the latest........if you can do 6pm thats great but make sure you have a cutoff limit...........and everyhting else you are doing is fine

edit: cardio(running or eliptical machine or even stair master) does wonders for your abs.....besides the crunhes and the usual stuff...............

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I believe B12 is supposed to naturally increase your metabolism. I would probably just take a quality mulitvitamin and call it a day.

You cannot spot reduce weight. It comes off the opposite of how it came on. The place that you put it on first will be the last to go. Just stick with it.

In general, quality > quantity. 10 really good reps focusing on contracting the muscle are better than 50-100 not so good ones.

Other than that, eat cleaner foods, do cardio, and throw in some weight training and you should be good to go.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
stroker22 said:
try NOT to eat past 7 or 8pm the latest........if you can do 6pm thats great but make sure you have a cutoff limit...........

This is a really good example of bad advice. Depriving your body of nutrients for a minimum of 12 hours is the exact opposite of what you want to do. Sending your body into starvation mode is the last thing you want. You want to keep your body in fat burning mode, so it would be ideal to eat something slow digesting (casein protein) say 30-60 minutes before you go to bed. And, really, you can eat whenever you want so long as it fits your daily caloric intake.

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
BreBar21 said:
This is a really good example of bad advice. Depriving your body of nutrients for a minimum of 12 hours is the exact opposite of what you want to do. Sending your body into starvation mode is the last thing you want. You want to keep your body in fat burning mode, so it would be ideal to eat something slow digesting (casein protein) say 30-60 minutes before you go to bed. And, really, you can eat whenever you want so long as it fits your daily caloric intake.

not true. i simply cut out eating after 8pm, and it helped me lose weight fast----i changed nothing else. eating before you go to bed to keep your metabolism going is a bullshit theory, since your metabolism kicks into slow motion with the onset of sleep regardless of whether or not there's food in your digestive system

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
kirks5oh said:
not true. i simply cut out eating after 8pm, and it helped me lose weight fast----i changed nothing else. eating before you go to bed to keep your metabolism going is a bullshit theory, since your metabolism kicks into slow motion with the onset of sleep regardless of whether or not there's food in your digestive system

However, not eating puts your body into survival mode, so it doesn't burn calories, it stores them, as fat. This stupid idea of not eating after a certain time is retarded. People need to eat every 3-4 hours. Small meals and snacks. Try and eat a sensible meal/snack 4-6 times a day. A "meal" could be as simple as a piece of fruit and a granola bar. Only 200 calories, but it ramps up the metabolism.

As far as losing weight goes, think about it like this. It takes about 5 miles of jogging to burn 500 calories. Now, is it easier to run five miles, or not eat a Big Mac? Much easier to control weight with diet, although exercise is VERY important as well. While both lifting weights and cardio are important, your body actually burns more calories longer after lifting weights than cardio. So for girls who don't like to lift because they might get "big", (you won't), you are really cheating yourself.

Ride Along

i has an avatar!
Established Member
Eat only when you are hungry.

Stop when you are full.

You'll be shocked when you realize how much you actually eat after you feel full. It sounds simple, but it works for me when I have a couple of pounds to lose.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Cardio. Diet alone will not make you lose weight like you want to, plus its much harder to do it on diet alone. Jog, bicycle, swim, do some kind of cardio.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Shiper said:
However, not eating puts your body into survival mode, so it doesn't burn calories, it stores them, as fat. This stupid idea of not eating after a certain time is retarded. People need to eat every 3-4 hours..

so you think people should wake up in the middle of the night and eat a 200 calorie meal??? your metabolism is slowed down by sleep, eating right before you go to sleep does not maintain an elevated metabolism as you state. eating small meals every 3-4 hours may be a good idea while awake and active, but not at night. i'm not a nutritionist, so i don't claim to be an expert, but i know more than most

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Eat smaller, balanced meals 4-5 times a day, with lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fish. Stay away from animal fats (that's hard: I really like seared mammal flesh). EXERCISE. Have your doctor run some blood tests to be sure you have no imbalances.

ModMike1572

Established Member
SVTcobraGirl said:
Since everyone else is posting threads about weight loss and such.. anybody know whats the best way for females to lose? Id like to drop about 20-30 lbs. Ive completely cut out sodas and am only drinking water or milk now. I noticed about a 8 l drop in 1 week due to stopping sodas. Im watching what i eat ..cutting back on portions and staying away from junk food as much as possible.. and working out about an hour or so a day. But it just seems like i run out of energy so so quick! Ive been told to take a B vitamin that it will help boost my engergy through the day? Any tips guys? If possible i'd like to lose this by summer! I seem to only be losing through my lower waist and hips.. when i need to lose more of my stomache.. im doing around 50-100 sit ups a day also.. any pointers folks?

For men, when it comes to losing weight, its 80% diet, 20% exersize.
Women, is 50/50.
If i were to get up every morning and run 2 miles, followed by eating a big mac everday for lunch i would get no where! Diet is key.

If a man has his diet in perfect check, it will be easier to lose weight with minimal cardio. Throw in a nice cardio routine and that helps the process.

A women has it a litte harder. You will have to set aside a good 3-4 or more days a week of cardio along with a proper diet routine, and you will lose fat.

Cutting out your sodas is a very good start. Your already cutting out tons of calories right there. Alcohol needs to be cut out also, not sure if you drink or not.

Just be careful what you read about in these weight losss threads, a lot of people like to sound like they know everything but have no idea.

BreBar pretty much hit it on the head in his posts. Dont do so many sit ups, just concentrate on 10-15 at a time with perfect form. BUT, taking it one step further, you have to have a low body fat % to even see your abs in the first place. Concentrate more on your diet and cardio rather than the sit ups.

Anyway, i spend a lot of time on the body building sites, so if you want me to do a search and come up with a good routine for you just let me know.
Example- When to run, how much to run, what to eat, etc..

Last edited:

lagirrl1975

Established Member
4 years ago we found out my husband was diabetic. so in order to help him out i went on atkins. i know its not the healthiest of diets but with the small amount of weight youre wanting to lose and in the time frame, its good. i modified mine to it wasnt quite so unhealthy. in the span of 8 months i went from 218 lbs to 160 lbs. i exercised every day, usually either power walking or bicycling. drink plenty of water, itll help with the loss of energy. good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread