JPC Budget E85 fuel system install pics 2014 Mustang GT

dsmith658

Where's all my money??
Established Member
What would you guys like more of in the instructions?

We're open for suggestion

If the kit is being sent with alternate hardware than is listed in the instructions note the possible alternates.

Pictures of an assembled and installed kit would really help clear up a lot of confusion, and save you guys from being on the phone a lot.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
About how long did this take you?
I took my time I would say you could get it done in a weekend. If you are determined one day but that is a lot of time under the car. To me you definitely need the tool from AMZ to remove the fuel ring. You don't want to rush it.

dsmith658

Where's all my money??
Established Member
I took my time I would say you could get it done in a weekend. If you are determined one day but that is a lot of time under the car. To me you definitely need the tool from AMZ to remove the fuel ring. You don't want to rush it.
I removed and reinstalled the fuel hat ring with a BFH and a BFS. And I agree on a weekend.

dennisn

Established Member
I removed and reinstalled the fuel hat ring with a BFH and a BFS. And I agree on a weekend.

This is how I did it also.

I wound up dropping the tank instead of trimming the metal to get the ring out of the way. Would've probably been easier to cut the metal.

dsmith658

Where's all my money??
Established Member
The sheet metal is very very easy to bend. I just bent it up into the cabin with some pliers then smacked it back down when I was done. The BFH did overtime that day.

SGcoyote

Established Member
Just did my system in about 8 hours, pretty simple make sure the car is dam near empty, when I pulled my stock hat off my drivers side saddle was full and I leaked a little onto the top of the tank.

Aaron at JPC was very helpful I must have called him 5 times for simple things

dsmith658

Where's all my money??
Established Member
Just did my system in about 8 hours, pretty simple make sure the car is dam near empty, when I pulled my stock hat off my drivers side saddle was full and I leaked a little onto the top of the tank.

Aaron at JPC was very helpful I must have called him 5 times for simple things
Man that brings back bad memories. I did the same thing. Didn't realize the fuel pump was lower than the top of the tank. I believe I had a recordable release of petroleum products.

SGcoyote

Established Member
Man that brings back bad memories. I did the same thing. Didn't realize the fuel pump was lower than the top of the tank. I believe I had a recordable release of petroleum products.
Yeah I got the ring off and then I was like oh shit that's a good amount of fuel, especially when I had to pull the metal ring from the metal floor

Zona14Stang

Established Member
It's a new pre assembled PTFE system. Allows for way faster / simpler install.
Guaranteed to fit as well!

http://www.jpcracing.com/2011-2016-...-system-1400-hp-w-rails-black-assembled-ptfe/

Awesome but this link shows the full system mine was the budget E85 version just so they know I did not get rails.
I got derailed on getting you my instructions that I made sorry I still will get it too you. Looks like a great system. I am quite happy with my system it works great.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Yeah I got the ring off and then I was like oh shit that's a good amount of fuel, especially when I had to pull the metal ring from the metal floor

Yep I ran my to almost empty and there still was a lot of gas left it said 10 miles remaining on gauge.

SStampede

Established Member
How much as the fuel pump ring removal tool, and where did you buy it?

Thanks.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Last edited:

SGcoyote

Established Member
How much as the fuel pump ring removal tool, and where did you buy it?

Thanks.
You really don't need it use a screw driver and a hammer, make sure you keep moving the position your pounding on and it comes off nicely putting it on is the same thing pound around the ring.

Users who are viewing this thread