Joined the club as well..and broke it in properly.

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
Bought a 2014 Grabber blue... only options auto and 301a.

Went straight from the dealer to the drag strip today.

I forgot to check tire pressures till after but they were at 40psi, lol...

Ran 12.9 @ 112 with a 2.0 60ft....

I think 12.8 was easily doable but we had a strong head wind.

20130420_185726_zps6a06f157.jpg

200+ miles today... had to fuel it lol

20130420_205937_zpsdbec4b4c.jpg

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I was kinda curious how people were as far as beating on these with no miles on them. I drove mine for the first time today (also put about 200 miles on it) and couldn't help but go WOT a few times. Oh well!

87hatchy

Established Member
Ya i tried to tell myself to not beat on it till 1,000 miles. Went WOT on the way home from the dealer with less than 20 miles on it lmao. Congrats grabber blue is sweeeeet

old_goat

Established Member
Don't you guys know that if a person takes a test drive in 'your' car before you purchase it..........that they won't do some hauling ass in it on the test drive?

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Congrats, rowin through the gears at wot is addicting. But unfortunately today I was thinking man this thing is quick but leaves you wanting more. Paxton is going to be ordered Monday! I've been counting the days!:banana:

Nocturnal5.0

Captain Go-Fast
Established Member
Break them in hard and get the rings set early to avoid excess oil consumption. That's not to say haul ass everywhere you go, but I've always been under the impression that when breaking in a new motor, after the initial heat cycling is finished, break it in how it's going to be used!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Nice! I did the same thing. Bought it on a Friday with 20 miles on the odometer. Drove it 150 miles between Friday and Saturday, and took it to the track Saturday night with 170 miles on her.

Love the color!

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
On my test drive I got sideways a couple of times with the salesman right next to me lol!!! He just held on for the ride didn't really say much.

acrbill

Established Member
funny thing how people are so sensitive when they break in a new clutch or ring & pinion but on a new car with new parts they toss that out the window.

kingnut

Established Member
OP if it was dealer supplied fuel then you were running 87 octane. it should be a little quicker with 93 in it.

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
OP if it was dealer supplied fuel then you were running 87 octane. it should be a little quicker with 93 in it.

It was on E when I got there... told them to put Premium and he said they only have 87. So I told them not to bother, I'll fill it up my self and he insisted he get his bosses CC and go fill it up with premium for me.

Long story short, it was premium.

Just a very strong head wind...and 40psi in the tires lol.

MoonRider

Established Member
That's how you break a motor in run it hard to start with and it will always run hard

Users who are viewing this thread