Johnny Lightning bad experience

mu5tang0

Banned
well today after waiting three weeks and trying to call and getting nothing but busy tones my drop shackle kit and JLP diff cover finally came i opened up the box to find the drop shackles powder coating peeling and the JLP logo not on the shackles as pictured, i didnt care too much about the JLP logo but im more pissed about the powder coat peeling because it is going to rust, after seeing that and making me pissed i opened the diff cover to find that before they powdercoated the cover they did not remove some sort of sticker and just powdercoated right over it and it looks like shit, and it is susposed to say JLP pereformance in the center of the diff guess what it doesnt say anything at all just a plain cover that was poorly powdercoated man does this shit piss me off. Has anyone had any other problems with JLP? Im going to write them a email cause i can never get through.....:fm:

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Back when I bought drop shackles from JLP they didn't have a logo on them either. I think the logo is in the ad picture for looks.
If the powder coating is bad send them back. Or go buy a $3 can of black spray enamel and give them a coat or two before you install them.
I have always had good luck with JLP.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
well he shouldn't have to buy a can and spray them so if they are that bad I would return them

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I had issues with the last set of dropped shackles that I ordered form them. They said that they were in stock and they shipped them out without the bushings that were on backorder. I would have liked to known this ahead of time. It could have saved me some time and shipping costs. I could have gone someplace else to get what I needed in time. Instead I had to take my shackles off and install them on someone else's truck and drive around for a week with my ass all jacked up.

I've installed about eight of the JLP shackles and all of them come slightly chipped up with no JLP logo so just do what Matt said and pant them. Your never going to get a perfect set.

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
well he shouldn't have to buy a can and spray them so if they are that bad I would return them

damn right he shouldnt, IF he got a defective product then send it back. Of course i think its in poor taste to send out a product that is like this to begin with. Im getting ready to order traction bars from JLP.......hope nothing like this happens to me :dw:

mu5tang0

Banned
i just email them now, i dont really care about the logo on the shackle but the chipping pissed me off why should i have to paint something i just bought brand new???And that diff cover is a piece of shit the powdercoat sucks and it has no damn logo painted on it like it shows in the picture, the only reason i bought it cause i was painting my rearend and changing the fluids.. i will never buy anything from them again, i will post pics up

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
I understand your grief here, a lot of guys might say ( whats the big deal, its a under the truck part thats going to get chipped and scratched anyway )

but thats NOT The point here, you bought and paid for a NEW part, so it so be in NEW condition that means NO imperfections on it PERIOD.

mu5tang0

Banned
product_info.php
100_3215.jpg

Last edited:

FordFanStan

Established Member
TA cover FTW. If you just want looks, coat your own cover and save the hassle of dealing with those vendors, you could get it done cheaper and choose any color you want... Stan

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
Mag-Hytec and T/A cover look best IMO.You should always be happy with a purchase,
so send it back.

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
Haven't been that impressed with his stuff. His products are great ideas and work but is REALLY poor on the quality department. I got his CAI kit and 2 years later the thing is rusty and looks like crap.

His only product I'd buy again is the inter-cooler reservoir ONLY because its a great idea. Mine arrived with the inside dirty and had loose weld splatter inside. I've installed 2 of them to date and not one of them had mounting holes line up. Its a great product for someone who has the ability to modify those mounting tabs or drill and tap a hole or 2.

Sorry about your luck. See of they will send you another one. If not, return them and get the TA cover. Really nice product. Love installing those things! Everything fits and they look great.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
it comes down to QC LOL

My JLP IC Res and JLP Rad res ligned up and dropped right in.

bulldog03

Light Em Up
Established Member
Sorry to hear you had problems, I recently ordered CompR exhaust and T-bars. It all came the next day. I haven't installed yet, but everything seems to be there, and in good condition. Hope you make out OK they seemed pretty good to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread