John Cena Money Problems?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I was not speaking to you, just those complaining about the sales process.
To me what Ford did was put their customers first in not allowing a bidding war.

I am happy Ford sold the FGT they way they did. Initially I wasn’t, however once Fords reasons were clear, it’s really the only way they could have sold this car. If Ford hadn’t done it this way, we would be reading about cars going for double, triple MSRP on a regular basis. Many more 05-06 FGT owners would have been left out in the cold.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
You think Deadmau5s dumbass deserves a Ford GT?
Or schmee?
Or Andy Frisella?
Or CaptainSparklez?
Or Cena?

No.

Already explained Schmee. Thin herd in Europe. I find his videos intolerable but I can't fault them giving him an allocation over there.

Yes, Andy Frisella absolutely 100% positively deserved a new Ford GT. What's your bitch? Do you not think the cars should have gone to prior gen GT owners? Because Andy owns not 1 but 2. If a guy that is a serious car enthusiast that drives the piss out of multiple modded versions of the prior generation cars doesn't deserve it, I'm not sure what your criteria would be.

Cena, again, was and is the original owner of a 2006 GT. Being a celebrity does not change that fact.

So you've got 3 complaints out of 750 cars. I guess.

08mojo

Established Member
I tend to agree with superspeeder Rob's take on the lawsuit: Ford should have delivered the cars as a two-year lease and given the lessee the first right of refusal. Ford would hold the title until the lease ended, and therefore none of the cars could be sold until the lease ended.

IF Cena actually had the title, contract or not, he was the legal owner and I'd like to think owners have the right to do whatever they please with their property. Now, in the same breath, if Cena signed a contract, it's really shitty of him to sell the car--but what will that mean in court with regards to Ford's lawsuit?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blown 89

Established Member
IF Cena actually had the title, contract or not, he was the legal owner and I'd like to think owners have the right to do whatever they please with their property. Now, in the same breath, if Cena signed a contract, it's really shitty of him to sell the car--but what will that mean in court with regards to Ford's lawsuit?
Ford is going to win this lawsuit. It's along the same lines as you not actually owning digital content. I'd like to see laws of ownership change because I believe that once you own something it's yours and you should be able to do as you please.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I did not think to put one up.

“John Cena reached a settlement with Ford Motor Company for selling his Ford GT despite a program requirement to retain ownership for 24 months. Ford will now donate the proceeds to charity.

The re-sale restriction – common for the world’s most exclusive cars – was part of an extensive owner selection process to ensure the passion and aura surrounding the Ford GT is maintained.

“I love the Ford GT and apologize to Ford, and encourage others who own the car to respect the contract,” said Cena. “I am pleased we could resolve this matter outside of court, and that a worthy charity will benefit from one of the most iconic cars in the world.””

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Like mentioned above, why the hell don't they just lease the cars, with an option to buy? Seems like a much simpler way to prevent flippers. Can't sell a car you don't own.

However, I do have a fundamental belief that if you own something outright, you should have the freedom to do what you choose with it. For someone to ask you to sign away that right is wrong on their part IMO.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
True. However if you don’t want to sign away that right, simply don’t buy the car.

We’re there any terms of ownership for the LaFerrari/P1/918?

Is this better than just creating a bidding war and having the cheapest new GT sell for 2 or 3 times the very high MSRP?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
True. However if you don’t want to sign away that right, simply don’t buy the car.

We’re there any terms of ownership for the LaFerrari/P1/918?

Is this better than just creating a bidding war and having the cheapest new GT sell for 2 or 3 times the very high MSRP?

I don't care who else does it. It's still wrong in my eyes. If you own it, you own it, and are free to do with it what you will. Asking someone to sign away their "rights" is ridiculous.

Simply lease them with an option to purchase. Problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread