John Bowe 2000 Cobra R Maisto.............

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I have a thread/question related to this in the 00R For Sale, but not everyone monitors that forum.

Has anyone seen a selling price for the 2000 Cobra R Maisto shown below? I am trying to figure out a current value. I have seen the regular 00R Maisto's and they appear to be getting pricey for the most part, but I have not seen a John Bowe recently.....or maybe I have just missed them?...

027-2.jpg

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Never seen one. Who is Bowe?

Tom

He is an Aussie who Professionally "Race Team" raced the 2000 Cobra R in the early 2000's. The Aussies love the 5.4 DOHC. As far as I know, this was the only "Professional Race Team" that campaigned a 2000 Cobra R? Maisto did a few examples and this is one of them. In the past I had seen them come up from time to time on eBay, but I have not been monitoring Cobra R stuff like a did in the past....

I found one description with some pictures from an internet site dated 2001............"Built and prepared for John Bowe in the Australian Performance Production Car series". and here is a picture of it "On-Track".....

004.jpg

At one point, many years ago, I found a timeline for his cars and career, but I can't find it now. Here is his John Bowe Racing website on the "career highlights" page.....

John Bowe Racing - Career Highlights

For Race Car guys who also like Cobra R's and memorabilia, this is a cool Maisto, I just don't know its value because they are Very Hard to find. I don't know how many Maisto did, but it does not seem like many Bowe examples were made.....

R

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now that's one that I've never seen. I found absolutely nothing with Google or eBay. Apparently a very rare one.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I decided to take a leap, I just sent this email via the John Bowe Racing website, I will probably hear nothing back, but it is an attempt to find out more about this 2000 Cobra R......

--------------------------

Good morning. Some of my friends who are race car enthusiasts are discussing the 2000 Cobra R that John Bowe drove in the early 2000's. We live in the U.S. and some of the forum members are interested in more information about this Cobra R from that time period. I know it is long ago, but do you have any archived information related to this car that can be shared publicly on the SVTPerformance website - Cobra R Forum. Thank you for your time, Robert

--------------------------

So we will see.....

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
It looks like it was under Prancing Horse Racing back in 2001.....Shown in the picture below 6th up from the bottom....2001 - Placed 5th, Called a Cobra RA

006.jpg

and then some other info. from Prancing Horse Racing.....

6th down from the top.....Cobra R 5.4 Liter V8.....

007.jpg

R

flattrack53

Established Member
I wonder what number cobra r he raced. Robert, I am interested in the model if you decide to sell.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I wonder what number cobra r he raced. Robert, I am interested in the model if you decide to sell.

Ok, and yes that would be interesting to know, what number of the 300? I would guess it was bought under the Prancing Horse Racing team and then John Bowe was contracted as the Driver.......at least that is what it looks like in the little bit of internet searching I did this morning.......and then how Maisto got involved with making the Bowe 00R model? IDK....

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I feel like a detective............but now it looks like I am getting somewhere.......This was offered in 2002 according to the website link shown second down, SVT Cobra R, BUD #9, John Bowe......

009.jpg

Now I need to find it in that link, if it is still shown?

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
So it looks like an Aussie company Dinkum Classics made the 2000 Cobra R #9 Bud.......Here is one shown on a website in a " diorama garage" on the four post lift.......

010.jpg

011.jpg

Here is the 2007 Aussie website link where the diorama is discussed............

1/18 Workshop Diorama - Biante Model Cars - Australian Diecast Collectors Forum

Post #3 "Omg omg, where did you get the BUD Mustang?"

Post #4 "That is lovely work....except for the ugly Stang..."

Post #5 - Answer to Post #3 question......."it was a code 3 done by dinkum classics try this place they still have some i think"

Gateway Models

So yes, it was done as a production item, not made up by an owner, but it was an Aussie company (Dinkum) that did them (John Bowe being a home town guy), and I'll bet it is Rare!! I may try to contact Dinkum for some info.? They have a Facebook page....

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I feel like a detective............but now it looks like I am getting somewhere.......This was offered in 2002 according to the website link shown second down, SVT Cobra R, BUD #9, John Bowe......

View attachment 1642205

Now I need to find it in that link, if it is still shown?

R

So opening the website above I scrolled down and found the original Maisto number, which is on my box, and then a second Dinkun number is shown to the right and then the discription, Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R red [2000]

Shown in middle of picture below.....

012.jpg

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
"Possibly" it was also available through Maisto after Dinkum did their work. The Dinkum number shows up for Maisto catalog links, but those links are no longer good.....

014.jpg

I'm done, and still no further than I was when I asked my question in the first post.....

R

Users who are viewing this thread