Joes TT FORD GT BRAND NEW NUMBERS WITH SPRAY!! HOLY SHEEETTT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

red9450

Established Member
well, since this thread isn't about a z06, or z06 vs. ford gt, merely being about the hp. #s that his car has produced. That is simply amazing. The fact that this car IS hands down, the most powerful street car out there, says alot. congrats joe. Now go get some of those ohh so slow z06s, and turbo busas. lol (and get us a vid like the last one, someone)

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
red9450 said:
The fact that this car IS hands down, the most powerful street car out there, says alot. congrats joe.

No raining on the parade, but he definately does not have the most powerful street car out there, and I'm not just talking about the big TT vipers.

Insanely powerful, YES, most poweful, no.

red9450

Established Member
well then back this statement up. And a stripped out, gutted, caged drag car, or some facsimile there of that is thinly disguised as a street car isn't what i'm talking about. I mean an honest to goodness creature comfort filled street car.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
red9450 said:
well then back this statement up. And a stripped out, gutted, caged drag car, or some facsimile there of that is thinly disguised as a street car isn't what i'm talking about. I mean an honest to goodness creature comfort filled street car.

This isn't the thread for that, but if you want, go over to viperalley.com and do a little research. There are at least 4 seperate cars in the 7's with FULL interior, full weight, a/c, ps, nothing removed. There are a few cars that race in mile shoot outs that have hit close to 220 and are fully streetable.

Yes, they have a cage, but almost everyone would agree, many street cars have them and it's only in the interest of self preservation to have one when pushing big power. Not to mention if you want to enter in a kind of speed contest they are required. Frankly, you're stupid for not having a cage in a car like this.

I also wouldn't exactly call Joe's car any more streetable than the big vipers, as the few videos floating around show it to be quite prone to spinning out. He also runs race fuel. Pump gas to pump gas is not even a contest.

I'm probably going to be flamed off the board for this, but the truth is the vipers and many other mega HP cars have numbers/results IN hand. This GT has dyno numbers. To be honest, all these mega cars are thinly cloaked street cars, as they can't really put the power down with street tires anyway.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Never said it wasn't a match. Pump gas to pump gas, yes.

Real world #'s >>>>> Dyno #'s

Simple as that

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
SVS has a twin turbo viper that puts out 2000 crank hp on race gas. i don't think 5.4 litres is gonna get to that level but i could be wrong :shrug:

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
Sorry for the ingnorance, but if he's putting down 15xx rwhp, how much is that at the flywheel?? 1800? I can't believe there are cars with that much hp on the road at all. I still think that 500rwhp is a ton.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Fast Freddy said:
SVS has a twin turbo viper that puts out 2000 crank hp on race gas. i don't think 5.4 litres is gonna get to that level but i could be wrong :shrug:

Mihovetz's 4.6 does that (2000 crank HP). Someone will with a 5.4, it's only a matter of time.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Mihovetz's 4.6 does that (2000 crank HP). Someone will with a 5.4, it's only a matter of time.

Crazy:eek: I've heard you mention him before.

Out of curiosity, but what kind of boost is that thing running? Gotta be like 50#. Is it at all a street motor/street car? Specs?

I wonder why folks haven't used the 5.4 all along?

Fourcam330

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Crazy:eek: I've heard you mention him before.

He's the founder/owner of accufab racing www.accufab.com a consumate professional and a definite tier one engine builder.

Out of curiosity, but what kind of boost is that thing running? Gotta be like 50#. Is it at all a street motor/street car? Specs?

40psi with twin 72s. It's got ported B heads ($100 at junkyards everywhere), a factory teksid block, and billet steel rods/crank. John built the turbo kit himself, actually the rest of the entire car. It powers a NHRA open comp elim. Mercury Cougar to 6.7s@215+. Last I talked to him he had over 120 passes on the motor without cracking it open.

I wonder why folks haven't used the 5.4 all along?

I asked John the same question, why not a 5.4. He simply replied "because I haven't tapped the 4.6 yet." :thumbsup:

Crazy01Cobra

Established Member
So with nos at 14xx rwhp it did a 10.4 1/4? Why does that seem really bad. What was the elevation and overall weather at?

Some may seriously think I am crazy but if I had a 14xx rwhp car and I died I think I would have died happy....and im not kidding. Tell joe to send the car my way!

For those that are hating on this car should seriously stfu. If you are not into moddifying your car then dont. But dont talk stupid crap about a car that is much more than you can afford because some other car out there is also fast. I can easily say that too bad for those Z06 drives that have spent their 70k on a car when my buddy has a civic that also runs 10's and thats a 4 banger baby. So saying that this car is better then this car is completely retarded.

Anyways that is one bad ass ride mr joe has got himself and I hope that he can enjoy it for himself and for me. Tell the guy to get some nice in car vids of the speedo!

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Well hopefully 9 sec snakes 5.4 tt will do pretty good. It's got the right stuff on it and will be fully streetable and in a early fox (93 cobra) to get the weight down some. He was from around here, now in s.d. I know he's shooting for over 1k rwhp. Running wild street at wfc. I hope he does well. The vipers have done well tt, no doubt.

californiacuda

Established Member
The Vipers have been out for a few years, allowing for time to develop the incredible performance cars they are today. The 5.4 Gt with the new heads is relatively new (except for the Cobra R, which saw very limited production).

Joe is on the forefront of engine performance and will share the burden and the glory of being one of the first. Because of the price of the GT, there won't be too many people who will want to stretch the envelope the way that the Viper community has.

The GT is an anomaly, an American mid engine, all aluminum, supercharged, retro Le Mans winning racer. We will not see another American car like this for some time to come.

californiacuda

Established Member
The C6 with its 50/50 weight distribution, 3100lbs, and .29 drag coefficient is a truly amazing car also. On paper, it seems like it would be the best platform to build on.

For reason, that I don't fully understand, the crazy aftermarket super engine/performance nut mods guys haven't taken the Vette as far as the Viper (1500 to 2000 hp). I know there have been some examples, Calloway, Lingenfelter, and a few others, but they haven't been recent.

It just seems like the big numbers are coming from the Heffner, Hennessey, etc, Viper guys.

If anyone disagrees, or has any other thoughts, please comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread