Joe Gibbs Racing.. major cheating

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Joe Gibbs Racing: Doing what every other team has done since the dawn of racing, but just got caught doing it.

"sandbagging" comes to mind.......

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Everyone cheats, some people get caught, some don't. Gibbs is on top the game, a step ahead of everyone else especially in the nationwide series. They all ready cut there power because they were making too much. I can't blame them for wanting to alter the numbers.

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Toiletta has no business being in ASSCAR anyway.
But Brian "The pansy" France drives a Lexus.
And they wonder why there are empty seats and the ratings are down.......
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................

Slug Fest

not amused
Established Member
Everyone cheats, some people get caught, some don't. Gibbs is on top the game, a step ahead of everyone else especially in the nationwide series. They all ready cut there power because they were making too much. I can't blame them for wanting to alter the numbers.

Hey at least he didn't tape defensive signals that get changed at half time..... then we would have a scandal.....:rollseyes

Asd60303

Lead. Never Follow
Established Member
Toiletta has no business being in ASSCAR anyway.
But Brian "The pansy" France drives a Lexus.
And they wonder why there are empty seats and the ratings are down.......
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................

QFT, I don't pay attention to nascar at all anymore since the COT and toyota came into play.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
exactly. remember the whole 'oil tank lid' fiasco(that, evidentally, gave ~20hp increase, but im not quite sure how that works) that popped up a while back? is it coincidence that it was a few teams doing it around that time, yet it had never happened before then and hasn't happened since NASCAR started handing out smack downs? dont think so!

that best part about all of this? everyone is like "hah! the dyno proves it!!! toyota had an advantage, thus, their wins!!!", yet, NASCAR said that DODGE was ~3hp down on toyota(and like 15hp+ up on ford/cheby), yet they dont have nearly the amount of wins. get real guys! i know this article is about nationwide(which i dont follow at all), but kyle busch is just plain out driving every single other person in nextel. no other toyota driver even has the amount of wins he has, so its obviously not 'just' because of the HP. and this is coming from a life long toyota hater!
Hey at least he didn't tape defensive signals that get changed at half time..... then we would have a scandal.....:rollseyes
atleast they didn't get beat by some no name who shouldn't have had a chance to begin with:burn:
It's only nascar, nobody cares. turn right.
normally im one to defend NASCAR and the huge amount of skill it takes to race competitively, but i totally agree. ALMS/grand-am/speed world challenge FTMFW!!!

Last edited:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Well, what did you expect? They need all the help they can get if they are racing Toyotas.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
He has probably been doing this trick all season. That would explain why he was so dominant over his opponents for those 8 races he won.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Is this a serious comment?

Sure is. I must have read a different article than what was posted if I'm wrong.

edit - just read the article posted. Never did it say they cheated during competition. Only that they tried to fool the chassis dyno.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread