Joba Chamberlain DUI

ModMike1572

Established Member
Musta been drinking away his shltty ass season.

Shitty season? Joba was lights out in the bullpen. Then made the transition to the starting rotation after the yankees ace went down with a foot injury.
He threw 7IP of 5 hit ball and no runs against Beckett in Fenway and got the win in July. Not many 22 year old pitchers that can do that in Fenway against Beckett. Especially considering hes not technically a starting pitcher. He had an ERA of 2.60 w/ 180 SO's. Pretty amazing pitcher for a 22 year old if you asked me.

Everyone makes mistakes, and Im sure he'll learn from it and be ready to pitch in 2009.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Musta been drinking away his shltty ass season.

Sorry man but Chamberlain had anything but a "shitty ass" season.
He has a tremendous amount of talent and will continue to develop.
The Yankees need to make up their damn minds with him before they ruin his career though. Either he is a reliever or he is a starter, you don't change it every few months.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Shitty season? Joba was lights out in the bullpen. Then made the transition to the starting rotation after the yankees ace went down with a foot injury.
He threw 7IP of 5 hit ball and no runs against Beckett in Fenway and got the win in July. Not many 22 year old pitchers that can do that in Fenway against Beckett. Especially considering hes not technically a starting pitcher. He had an ERA of 2.60 w/ 180 SO's. Pretty amazing pitcher for a 22 year old if you asked me.

Everyone makes mistakes, and Im sure he'll learn from it and be ready to pitch in 2009.

finally a yankee fan or someone that has some sort of knowledge of baseball :beer:

ModMike1572

Established Member
The Yankees need to make up their damn minds with him before they ruin his career though. Either he is a reliever or he is a starter, you don't change it every few months.

I totally agree. I would like to keep him in the starting rotation, which is what Hank announced they will do in '09.

I wasn't referring to Joba's season, I meant the Yankees as a whole.

Eh, the Yankees had some serious problems this year with no starting pitching and a boat load of injuries. They still somehow managed to win 89 games in the toughest division in baseball. No excuses though, they still didnt play well enough to make the postseason. They will be back strong. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread