Joba Chamberlain DUI

Slug Fest

not amused
Established Member
Found this on another forum......

Joba Chamberlain arrested for DUI

ASSOCIATED PRESS
12:44 AM EDT, October 19, 2008

LINCOLN, Neb. - New York Yankees pitcher Joba Chamberlain has been arrested for allegedly driving under the influence, speeding and having an open container of alcohol in his vehicle.

Deborah Collins is a spokeswoman for the Nebraska State Patrol.

She says Chamberlain was stopped for speeding on U.S. 77 near his hometown of Lincoln at about 1 a.m. on Saturday.

Collins says Chamberlain was taken to the Cornhusker Place Detox in Lincoln, which she says is the normal protocol.

I had a cop friend who was there call me and tell me....the details are FUNNY AS HELL. Joba played the "do you know who I am card" right away, then as he was in detox he was yelling at the staff and officers
"DO YOU KNOW WHO THE **** I AM.....I PUT THIS TOWN ON THE MAP!!"
do you have any idea how drunk he had to be and/or driving how irresponsibly to actually get a DUI? he could have blown a .18 and they woulda told him to walk home, he was being a dick, so it serves his ass right. I have gone in depth about how he was a tool, and his did is a ****ing A-hole BIG time, so it's nice to see karma coming around

oh, and seeing jeter at the texas game was funny as well....give the yankees the post season off, and bad things happen

SNCBOOM

Established Member
It's .08...not .18 and he can still get unsafe driving even if he blows below the legal .08 limit. At least here in Georgia. Sucks for him, but he'll get out of it easy.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
What did Jeter do at the Texas game>???

I saw this on Yahoo and had to laugh.
If I ever "made it" you damn well better know someone is driving my drunk ass around!

SVT4ME

Established Member
If it true, the dude sounded like a $ick! Serves him right. I hate how some people feel entitled for being famous. Hey goofball, reality check, you throw a ball for a living.

unforgiven

Humble
Established Member
I heard he was balled up in the corner of his cell, sucking his thumb and screaming "There are bugs all over me."

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
He's Native American...they never shy away from a few drinks.:beer:

I love the double standards of this forum and our society. If this was a post about a black guy doing something stupid & I had said "he's black.....he never shys away from fried chicken & watermelon", or something to that effect there'd be people all over my ass.

unforgiven

Humble
Established Member
I love the double standards of this forum and our society. If this was a post about a black guy doing something stupid & I had said "he's black.....he never shys away from fried chicken & watermelon", or something to that effect there'd be people all over my ass.

Sad but True

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
mlb_g_chamberlain_200.jpg

2003 Silver

Banned

If the story was about a black guy dumping over a watermelon cart...than yeah. BTW...I have a little bit of Iroquois blood in me.;-)

venmos1

Established Member
this sums up the yankee organization in its current state. the guys got tons of potential. he should be in a gym somewhere working on his stuff. with the little young talent the yankees have you would think they would be watching this guy very closely. havent professional athletes learned yet? with all that money you would think they would hire drivers. except its hard to show off their "pimpin" rides to the ladies riding around in a town car. but like most others with money, the law stretches, slaps them on the hand, collects some money and sends them on their way. sad...so sad

Users who are viewing this thread