JMS Fuel Max powermax fuel pump voltage booster?

fastgt110

Established Member
Anyone have any experience using the JMS powermax fuel pump voltage booster? I see lethal performance offers this setup over the KB boostapump.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We're running one on our 2013 Shelby and so far it's been working great. We're running stock pumps with the JMS pump booster, 105's and making some good power.

The unit was easy to install and fuel pressure holds perfect with no issues.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Jared

05GTSPRAYED

Established Member
We're running one on our 2013 Shelby and so far it's been working great. We're running stock pumps with the JMS pump booster, 105's and making some good power.

The unit was easy to install and fuel pressure holds perfect with no issues.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Jared

question would u prefer this over the Kenne Belle Dual Boost a pump?
i'm running e85 on 80lbs injectors and at 560-580 rwhp the pumps were at 95%

JMS how did u guys install it on a dual pump set up? just spliced into both white wires

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Here is a helpful video as to why you should go with the JMS PowerMAX booster vs a KB 40amp BAP...

[youtube_browser]n9kTfsdToko[/youtube_browser]

It can also be used in single and dual FPDM applications.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Here is a helpful video as to why you should go with the JMS PowerMAX booster vs a KB 40amp BAP...

[youtube_browser]n9kTfsdToko[/youtube_browser]

It can also be used in single and dual FPDM applications.

Ok so it gives your 1.3v more output that the KB. I assume the "output noise" is the big difference. Can you explain what it is? I'm betting only the electrical engineers here know what it is and the rest of us are in the dark.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
That "noise" can cause damage to electrical components over time. One draw back to this noise that the BAP gives off is fuel pressure spikes. That's the info I got from JMS as like you said, mostly electrical engineers would only know about the testing and exactly what it means. And like stated, this booster can be used in ALL pump and FPDM applications. A BAP for a GT500 from KB is $459, we offer the JMS booster for $329, no brainer.

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
That "noise" can cause damage to electrical components over time. One draw back to this noise that the BAP gives off is fuel pressure spikes. That's the info I got from JMS as like you said, mostly electrical engineers would only know about the testing and exactly what it means. And like stated, this booster can be used in ALL pump and FPDM applications. A BAP for a GT500 from KB is $459, we offer the JMS booster for $329, no brainer.

I'm with ya now, definitely don't wanna damge system components and the fact it works with all FPDM setups is a huge advantage. Thanks for translating the bench testing info. :beer:

fastgt110

Established Member
I have read the wiring upgrade for the BAP reduces the electrical noise seen in the video, Wonder how it then compares with the JMS. They are priced pretty evenly if you look at the JMS compared to BAP w/ wiring upgrade.

racebronco2

Established Member

I talked to an electrical engineer and he said the noise does nothing to other components, it's a marketing scheme. It's only made to power different types of motors. It could make more noise heard thru the speakers but i haven't any issues. Why do you think we have condensers at the rear of our cylinder heads, to reduce the noise caused by the ignition system. Same type of noise. If you ever hear the buzzing noise thru your stereo that's the noise.

Ralo

Established Member
JMS will be tuning my car and I was asking them about my fuel setup and they recommended this over the BAP (obviously). At the time they recommended that I couldn't find much info on it. Glad to see people are running it with good results because the BAP has been being used for years.

Users who are viewing this thread