JLT or C&L intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Between the JLT RAI and the C&L intake tube which is better for high boost? I will probably get a AMSOIL air filter also if I get the C&L tube being it doesn't come with a filter. I have looked and haven't found which one is better? I kind of assume they are pretty equal but I'm just trying to find out before I order one. Thanks

89slowgt331

Established Member
Better is in the eyes of the beholder, pick the look you like the most and go with it. I have the factory inlet tube with a K&N FIPK2. I have also run a c&L tube and will be selling it. When your engine torgue's over from wot pull's the C&L will hit the strut tower and chip the paint off and put a small dent it in. the jlt will also hit the strut tower but its plastic and might not chip the paint, I painted my C&L tube satin black and it matched my whipple.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I don't have a strut brace. I am leading towards the C&L and polishing it.

I guess I'm mostly curious if the intake temps are cooler with the JLT because it's plastic over the metal c&l

Last edited:

Double-D

'03 10th Anniv. Cobra Cpe
Established Member
OP- You have a strut tower as 89 was stating in his post, that is what a strut brace would attach to if you had a brace. Which JLT rai are you looking at? I haven't had any problems with my JLT carbon fiber RAI.

Last edited:

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
OP- You have a strut tower as 89 was stating in his post, that is what a strut brace would attach to if you had a brace. Which JLT rai are you looking at? I haven't had any problems with my JLT carbon fiber RAI.

Oh lol I read tower as brace. Lol I'm an idiot. But I'm just looking at the regular rai so I can get it paint matched.

03mgtermi

Established Member
i like my C&L and AMSOIL air filter combo, but the JLT is nice too - flip a coin or base your decision on looks alone.

04screamingvert

Established Member
The C&L will ruin the paint on your strut tower. So I put my stock intake tube back on. The numbers at the track dont lie made no change in performance of the car. Just missing some paint on the tower that sucks. Wish I had never put the C&L Aluminum tube on.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
PD superchargers respond nicely to lowered inlet restriction.

Driving in city traffic will bump IATs from sitting at lights with an RA style intake, although some of the newer shield designs are quite good.

I decided for mine that I wanted the lowest restriction I could find, while retaining the coolest air that was sourced from the fender well and not the engine bay.
I also wanted a generous section of straight pipe just before the MAF so that the air would not still be stacked up on the outside radius of any turn in the pipe

JLT 12" High Boost true cold air intake in Mystichrome
JLT 12” CAI Kit For High Boost Applications (2003-04 SVT Cobra) 2003-2004 SVT COBRA 12” CAI kit for high boost applications [CAI-12-FMC-0304] - $249.00 : JLT PERFORMANCE, Home of the JLT TRUE COLD AIR KIT

P5010081.jpg

P5010080.jpg

greengt88

Established Member
i run the C&L, powdercoated it Black and it stays pretty cool. I run Steeda CAI, and i like that setup. Mine isn't rubbing the Strut tower.

gtmustang00

Established Member
I've adjusted my C&L intake and its always close to the strut tower, but when it torques over it touches. Factory intake is back on with a K&N Filter with that box that comes in the kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread