jlt or any other intakes vs stock with high flow filter.

stal94gt

Established Member
i just read a post on jlt's release of their new cai system that has an integrated maf provision. right now i have the stock intake with a sct ba3000 maf sitting in my engine bay. the question i have is to those who have dyno proven gain from running a jlt or any other intake vs the stock intake. so far my car is stock with a whipple 2.9L and supporting fuel.

Ironhand

Banned
i just read a post on jlt's release of their new cai system that has an integrated maf provision. right now i have the stock intake with a sct ba3000 maf sitting in my engine bay. the question i have is to those who have dyno proven gain from running a jlt or any other intake vs the stock intake. so far my car is stock with a whipple 2.9L and supporting fuel.

:shrug:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I'd like to know this as well. My thought is that you will only see a significant difference if going from a completely stock intake to a JLT. If you have a high flow filter with an adapter bolted to your MAF, and only have the stock plastic pipe, then I doubt seriously that there is any significant gains to be had by changing. I run the stock plastic pipe with an adapted S&B filter on my Whipple setup currently. I tried to run the CF intake pipe, but it wouldn't clear the mounting bracket on my MM strut bar without taking it off for cutting/grinding, so I decided it wasn't worth the effort. If someone can prove with back to back dyno results that changing just the plastic pipe will make a big difference then I will make the effort, but until that time (which has never happened in the many years I've been here), I'll keep the stock pipe.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I'd like to know this as well. My thought is that you will only see a significant difference if going from a completely stock intake to a JLT. If you have a high flow filter with an adapter bolted to your MAF, and only have the stock plastic pipe, then I doubt seriously that there is any significant gains to be had by changing. I run the stock plastic pipe with an adapted S&B filter on my Whipple setup currently. I tried to run the CF intake pipe, but it wouldn't clear the mounting bracket on my MM strut bar without taking it off for cutting/grinding, so I decided it wasn't worth the effort. If someone can prove with back to back dyno results that changing just the plastic pipe will make a big difference then I will make the effort, but until that time (which has never happened in the many years I've been here), I'll keep the stock pipe.

I'd like to add to this.

Yep. There are plenty of Whipple owners making great power on the stock pipe with a good high flow filter attached to the maf.

I just got my Carbon Fiber JLT RAI in last week. It is no bigger than the stock pipe. The only thing you might gain from is the reduction of turbulence where the stock pipe has the corrugation at the middle for the ease of bending and motor movement. I only ordered the JLT for an aesthetics improvement.

stal94gt

Established Member

this is my thoughts exactly, i run a standard k&n filter on the end of my sct maf, but the new jlt intakes look nice especialy the cai since it has the new intagrated maf and i belive it increases the smallest point to 4.5 inches or larger :shrug: maybe.

i guess i could try to dyno prove if it is worth getting since i would need a new tune, so i will do a pre and post jlt intake pull.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
The "New Generation" JLT CAI with the integrated maf put down some good numbers on the dyno!!! I'd have that on my Cobra with a 2.9L for sure.......... :)

gabe1530

Banned
From the video that Tucker posted, there is a gain going to the high boost from the rai. The rai is basically the same thing as the stock plastic intake.

I plan on ordering a high boost when they come out in Jan.

Users who are viewing this thread