Jlt high boost and MM tubular K member. Will it fit?

Hone03

Established Member
Anyone using this combination? I am accumulating my parts and was all set to order the high boost when I saw on their site that it may not work with some aftermarket tubular k members. Also running a 2.6 KB, even better if anyone has that specific setup or knowledge of if it all fits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cobra03SC

Established Member
They are in 2 completely different spots on the car and wont even get near each other and im not sure why they would even mention them not fitting?? I had both and the only thing that will interfere with the high boost intake will be the stuff under the passenger fender such as the fender itself and possibly wires and the hoses from the heat exchanger.

Tucker

Because many K-Members move the engine toward the passenger side and that will cause fitment issues for sure.
As long as you can confirm stock engine location with the K-Member then it will fit.

Thanks
Jay

Cobra03SC

Established Member
I had no issues with my MM kit and jlt, i didnt notice any difference in fitment on either stock or tubular k member at all... same rub spot on my hood and all.

Dragu1a

Established Member
is the high boost intake as effective as they claim it to be? i currently have their rai, but i feel like its probably pulling in so much hot air being right beside the engine.

*edit - i also have aftermarket k member

SVT_Troy

Established Member
is the high boost intake as effective as they claim it to be? i currently have their rai, but i feel like its probably pulling in so much hot air being right beside the engine.

Plenty of info out there on JLT's products. There pretty much the best intake out. Some have their preferences as far as rai to CAI. The rai sucks in cold air once it gets up to speed. Search alittle. I want to say JLT's page contains most of the info your after.

Dragu1a

Established Member
I want to say JLT's page contains most of the info your after.

Maybe it's just me being cynical, but I'd expect their website to be a bit biased. I know what they claim it does was just wondering if someone on here, that isn't part of their marketing team, had any experience with it.

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member

It works great, fits like shit. I have the Gen1 version and we cut it and put a coupling in it. The added diameter and built in MAF housing are good features.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
It works great, fits like shit. I have the Gen1 version and we cut it and put a coupling in it. The added diameter and built in MAF housing are good features.

I'd beg to differ buddy. Has your car ever been into an accident possibly upsetting the chassis? Have you ever contacted JLT about it?? The gen 2 does fit better though.

Maybe it's just me being cynical, but I'd expect their website to be a bit biased. I know what they claim it does was just wondering if someone on here, that isn't part of their marketing team, had any experience with it.

I can't blame you for thinking That. I've had both gen 1 and gen 2 high boost CAI's. the gen 1 fit good but the gen 2 fits a lot better and easier to install. JLT's site does not contain fluff and he is a true enthusiast looking for what works he's for the car crowd.

It's legit but search around if you want......

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
I'd beg to differ buddy. Has your car ever been into an accident possibly upsetting the chassis? Have you ever contacted JLT about it?? The gen 2 does fit better though.

No the car hasn't been upset. I bought the the intake used and the MAF plug rubbed the cam cover. I did see the thread about trading to a Gen2, but didn't think it would apply to me as I bought it used.

I'm not knocking it, it works great and fits better since we cut it.

If the trade in applies to me, I'm in for that!

Cobra03SC

Established Member
I also had the gen 1 kit and it fit like garbage... I ended up swapping to the jlt ram air and i like it much better for ease of use. Supposedly the gen 2 fit much nicer and ive heard good things about them but i still prefer the ram air. On the dyno there was maybe 1-2 hp difference before and after they were swapped and that could be blamed on just about anything like air temp etc...

Tucker

The JLT Cold Air Intake make more power than the Ram Air's every time when tuned for each intake.
But the High Boost kills everything everytime!:rockon:

No one tests like we do and shows the results:
KB Cobra
[youtube_browser]QxgY4ZYyM_M[/youtube_browser]

Stock Blower Cobra
[youtube_browser]VW9bFXOMTEc[/youtube_browser]

750+ RWHP Whipple Cobra
[youtube_browser]H259klO0K9Q[/youtube_browser]

All testing done the same day, same dyno and within an hour or so.

This is why all the fastest Mustangs run a JLT!:beer:

Dragu1a

Established Member
The JLT Cold Air Intake make more power than the Ram Air's every time when tuned for each intake.
But the High Boost kills everything everytime!:rockon:

No one tests like we do and shows the results:
KB Cobra
[youtube_browser]QxgY4ZYyM_M[/youtube_browser]

JLT makes great products and i have your RAI on my car now, but i still don't know about these claims.

in this video, they're claiming the power increase was from the intake...and not from correcting that shitty tune job? (560/499 from a 2.6KB? give me a break...my 2.2 with rai made the same as the final #'s on this 2.6 high boost intake.).

i'd like to see what would've happened if they retuned the car with the RAI to see what the car would actually make. then switched and compared instead of "crap tune/rai vs correct tune/new intake"

Tucker

Look, we showed you 3 tests and in all 3 the results were the same.

We also were 100% honest in what tunes were done with what runs, but please don't insult my integrity with the word "claims"

I showed what the cars gained in each situation. We tested on a KB car a Whipple car and a Stock blower car which is more than I can say for most companies.
When the KB car came in it was running great and was supposed to have a good tune in it. We didn't have all day to tune it first and then do our test, so we ran it as is.
We also showed you how we matched A/F and had 2* less timing, so the tune wasn't that far off. Heck, if we added 2* to our tune we would have made even more.

The fact is when each kit is properly tuned and you do before and afters the results will be the same.
Each time we gained 10-20 HP and TQ with the High Boost kit.
That's why Jake runs it on his 8 second Cobra!

The RAI has it's place, but the High Boost is better for making more power and consistent cooler IAT's.

We don't BS our numbers and we show the results.
Use the search button and you'll find several others who have done the same test.

Dragu1a

Established Member
Look, we showed you 3 tests and in all 3 the results were the same.

We also were 100% honest in what tunes were done with what runs, but please don't insult my integrity with the word "claims"

I showed what the cars gained in each situation. We tested on a KB car a Whipple car and a Stock blower car which is more than I can say for most companies.
When the KB car came in it was running great and was supposed to have a good tune in it. We didn't have all day to tune it first and then do our test, so we ran it as is.
We also showed you how we matched A/F and had 2* less timing, so the tune wasn't that far off. Heck, if we added 2* to our tune we would have made even more.

The fact is when each kit is properly tuned and you do before and afters the results will be the same.
Each time we gained 10-20 HP and TQ with the High Boost kit.
That's why Jake runs it on his 8 second Cobra!

The RAI has it's place, but the High Boost is better for making more power and consistent cooler IAT's.

We don't BS our numbers and we show the results.
Use the search button and you'll find several others who have done the same test.

sorry, i'm not trying to start a fight and it definitely wasn't meant as a personal insult or to put down your products.

you should know, more than others, that there are tons of companies out there that make up bs about their products...making customers skeptical, even towards legit companies.

if it brings down my temps, then it's good enough for me...gaining a little power + tq is a bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread