JLT CAI for Roush TVS

Tucker

well there is missing material here for it to fit.. IE: trimmed

IMAG0923.jpg
LOL, as said and showed pics of this is the BMR car with the VMP elbow. Please look at the comparison pics above
Because they used the longer coupler to compensate for the angle being off it got longer and they trimmed the cover.
Again, not our issue, but the elbow.
Are the tubes for a 2011 TVS 5.0 and a 2009 gt500 the same? The black plastic ones? Just wondering??
As stated above, yes, all made from the same CAD drawings

Last edited:

spdracr0

Established Member
As stated above, yes, all made from the same CAD drawings

Thanks. I missed that if it was already written. So if I have a kit with the directions for a 2009 gt500, then I just need a different shroud?

by9468840

Established Member
guys this thread is just going way off track and turning into a battle. I think everyone here already got all the answers.

I cant help agreeing with JLT that if you want power at a decent price yeah go ahead buy a CAI from them, live with it and fitment issues. For OEM fit and finish pay extra $200 and get a Roush CAI. I dont think I will anyway ever max out Roush and wish I had bought a JLT.

We are just not gonna get anywhere with this argument and wont make JLT to pull the product off the shelves for a redesign. It seems it can be made to work with a bit of trimming here and there, that we figured. I am a customer of JLT and bought several other products from them all of which made me happy. But I am going to pass on that big air cai and go for Roush. Simple.

Thank you all for clarifying this. I think we all know here that the first hand end user experience on a vendor's product and feedback given on this forum is far more worthy than all that advertising..

Tucker

My talking to JLT on the phone has led me to find an alternative route to an unrestricted inlet. They did not want to hear the problems I had nor did they want to provide solutions. They would not even answer the couple of technical questions I had which may have made the whole situation a nonissue. Some of the worst service and experience I have had in a long time.

Wow, so basically telling I must be full of shit and not liked what you had to say. I wanted to run your kit and you guys (actually a lady) was absolutely no help. That is the nicest way I know to say it.

I really wish we could have gotten the issue worked out because with the airbox and 82mm I was less than a tenth away from a 9 sec pass. I think with the jlt on I could have been in the 9s a while back. But ican tell you that it can be done with the stock box now. The stars have to align and the track has to be there. Maybe one day I will put the jlt on after a lot of inlet work on the blower.

Thanks. I missed that if it was already written. So if I have a kit with the directions for a 2009 gt500, then I just need a different shroud?
:shrug:
Please tell me I'm wrong in this.

First you trash me without talking to me
Then you trash a "girl" for not helping you
Then you say "I" said your full of shit
Now you say you have a GT500 kit on your S/C 5.0?

Is that what I can gather?

To your question, yes the 07-09 GT500 kit and S/C 5.0 kit are the same expect for the heat shield.

Please tell me you are not trashing my product in this forum because the GT500 kit doesn't fit your 5.0...

Yes Stang8psi, most of the guys I know with them have trimmed their rad covers too. He's just being difficult.

More hear say, can I see more pics of trimmed rad covers please? Because I have not see one under normal circumstances.
Evo's is a Super Big Air 148mm and BMR's is, well I'm not saying it again.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
:shrug:
Please tell me I'm wrong in this.

First you trash me without talking to me
Then you trash a "girl" for not helping you
Then you say "I" said your full of shit
Now you say you have a GT500 kit on your S/C 5.0?

Is that what I can gather?

To your question, yes the 07-09 GT500 kit and S/C 5.0 kit are the same expect for the heat shield.

Please tell me you are not trashing my product in this forum because the GT500 kit doesn't fit your 5.0...

More hear say, can I see more pics of trimmed rad covers please? Because I have not see one under normal circumstances.
Evo's is a Super Big Air 148mm and BMR's is, well I'm not saying it again.

Me: Oh, I see you trimmed your radiator shroud so your filter fit.

Friend: Ya, it was rubbing so I trimmed it.

Me: Hang on, let me take a pic because months from now somebody on the internet won't believe me without pics.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
"I have the JLT (newest design) on my Whipple car and the only issue is having to trim the radiator cover so the end of the filter does not rub on it. The filter also slightly hit the heat shield on the hood leaving a mark on the tip of the filter and hood shield. These were minor things to me other wise the intake performs well." - NickSezz from page 1

Apparently JDM cant install intakes either...

Oh wait, he didn't post a pic, so it must be a lie

Last edited:

Tucker

You should adjust your signature seeing that you want to do nothing but argue with me and remove the kit.

All I can say is trimming the cover is news to me, I've never done it, never seen it done and have never had anyone call me on it.

Dude, back off the keyboard and I'll show you the video of the install tomorrow.

Unbelievable...

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
You should adjust your signature seeing that you want to do nothing but argue with me and remove the kit.

All I can say is trimming the cover is news to me, I've never done it, never seen it done and have never had anyone call me on it.

Dude, back off the keyboard and I'll show you the video of the install tomorrow.

Unbelievable...

You are seriously missing the whole point. Do I really care that much that I have to screw with the intake. no

I am anti-JLT now simply because of YOU. Your attitude. There are simply too many people having the same exact issue for it to be coincidence, yet you STILL wont admit there might be an issue on some vehicles. In one post you admit that it barely rubs on the radiator shroud, yet you cant believe people feel the need to trim the shroud.

It's one thing to stand behind your product, but it's another to ignore an obvious issue (whether it's install directions or design). And you act like we should all have known to leave the mounting bracket loose with the nut at the end of the stud. That's silly. Here's an idea, make it so the bracket actually FITS when screwed down. But again, NEVER ADMIT FAULT, act like people are stupid for not assuming that you should do that.

spdracr0

Established Member
I never trashed your product. I was talking about your customer service. And you read just as much into your last statement as the first one I made about you. The fact being I called your company asking the simple question that I just asked not once but twice and the lady on the phone could not would not and did not answer it for me. I was told that I needed to buy the right kit if I wanted the right kit. I told her at that time that I had put it on and it looked really close other than the bolt hole on the shroud. I really wanted to put it on then I told shaun I could make it work but he would not tune it if you could not confirm the tubes were the same. Well YOUR people could not confirm that. Now knowing that what am I supposed to do and say? You yourself said she whoever she is knows the product but would not answer that simple question. We won't even get into the fact of it being the wrong kit because I do not know why it is wrong. Must have been the middle man because we now know it sure as hell could not have been your fault. But I made the assumption it was right, tried to install it and marked up the shroud pretty good attempting to get it to fit. And I did not read the instructions as I had installed several before. Looked right at first glance. So I called and even told HER that I marked the shroud up and if the kits were the same I would buy one. So maybe you should educate her on your product. So as for your first assumption you are correct. I have not really cared for much you have said. You my friend have proven to be a first class pompous asshole.

Tucker

I never trashed your product. I was talking about your customer service. And you read just as much into your last statement as the first one I made about you. The fact being I called your company asking the simple question that I just asked not once but twice and the lady on the phone could not would not and did not answer it for me. I was told that I needed to buy the right kit if I wanted the right kit. I told her at that time that I had put it on and it looked really close other than the bolt hole on the shroud. I really wanted to put it on then I told shaun I could make it work but he would not tune it if you could not confirm the tubes were the same. Well YOUR people could not confirm that. Now knowing that what am I supposed to do and say? You yourself said she whoever she is knows the product but would not answer that simple question. We won't even get into the fact of it being the wrong kit because I do not know why it is wrong. Must have been the middle man because we now know it sure as hell could not have been your fault. But I made the assumption it was right, tried to install it and marked up the shroud pretty good attempting to get it to fit. And I did not read the instructions as I had installed several before. Looked right at first glance. So I called and even told HER that I marked the shroud up and if the kits were the same I would buy one. So maybe you should educate her on your product. So as for your first assumption you are correct. I have not really cared for much you have said. You my friend have proven to be a first class pompous asshole.

I'm sorry, but there are 2 girls that work here, Lisa, the L in JLT who knows more than most men about the product and Marissa who knows enough to answer your questions.

Neither have ever had complaints for service!

I was not involved in that phone call, so I don't know if there was miscommunication or what, but that's about all I can guess.

So here we are,
all you needed to do was contact me for the easy answer.

Why did it take 4 pages of negative posts to get the truth out?

Reading your first few you'd think the kit you had didn't fit, but now we know you have the wrong kit.

See what I'm saying??

I can only guess that was the issue on the phone, we didn't get all the info.

I love how people get so upset because I don't kiss their ass online like bigger companies do.
Why, it's because usually when we get all the info, the customer either has the wrong part or is not following the directions.

Now, before you twist that sentence around, it's all about info. We need ALL the info to help you, that's our goal.

Trust me, we want you to have the product on the car, it would make no sense to not give you the info if asked.

Tucker

I am anti-JLT now simply because of YOU. Your attitude. There are simply too many people having the same exact issue for it to be coincidence, yet you STILL wont admit there might be an issue on some vehicles. In one post you admit that it barely rubs on the radiator shroud, yet you cant believe people feel the need to trim the shroud.
Sorry to hear.

BTW, I Googled JLT Big Air on Whipple and on Roush and didn't see a single one with a trimmed rad cover, so I guess the ones that are trimmed were personal choices by the customer, but not necessary.
310432_10150339761032155_307764088_n.jpg

Our old 2011
1476126_10151873259322155_1311874335_n.jpg

Evo's with no trimming:rolling:
1456090_10151873259727155_1530792177_n.jpg

1426648_10151873260607155_853078381_n.jpg

More random shots found online
1469974_10151873260627155_1456283660_n.jpg

1470159_10151873260622155_1403506506_n.jpg

1487350_10151873260747155_937386202_n.jpg

1476712_10151873260787155_2127652333_n.jpg

Can I get you anything else? :poke:

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
On top of other people admitting they did too.

Are you saying JDM is lying?

It doesn't "have to" be trimmed, it just hits. I chose not to trim mine, I'm just saying it hits.

Tucker

LOL, good job finding one.

Explain why none of the 8-10 pics I've posted are not trimmed?

I can go on and on and on if you want.

spdracr0

Established Member
I did contact you. I called the phone number to JLT. What else should I have done? Really! I tried not once but twice.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
OMG!!!

Can you not see that some of them are hitting???

Like I said, some people choose to just let it hit and some people trim. And AGAIN, it's not the fact that the filter touches the shroud, I really don't care that much. It's how you handle yourself. You don't get it... you never will... I give up

Tucker

I did contact you. I called the phone number to JLT. What else should I have done? Really! I tried not once but twice.
I guess your right, if you don't get an answer to your question, make a big deal online...:nonono:

I answer these questions all the time, plus they are online as well. So I'm sorry, but jumping on this band wagon because you didn't like the answer you got from who ever answered the phone is uncalled for.

I can tell you without any doubt whoever answered was not rude to you or short. :)

NickSezz

Established Member
On top of other people admitting they did too.

Are you saying JDM is lying?

It doesn't "have to" be trimmed, it just hits. I chose not to trim mine, I'm just saying it hits.

We do trim the cover not because it is 100% necessary, but because of the level of work we do here. Whenever we install something we tend to make it better than the way it comes. That goes for everything.

The install simply looks cleaner without the filter rubbing on the cover. Over time this will produce a visual wear pattern ont he end of the filter that some may not prefer.

That said, we never have to trim the cover as much as the picture you posted. On my own car you can not even visually tell that we cut it.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Tucker, have you ever had a product on your car from another company that didn't fit right?

Users who are viewing this thread