JLT CAI for Roush TVS

Tucker

So we took the time to do an install video to highlight some of the areas customers have questions on.
This should help make things clear on how we intend to have the kit installed and fit.
Lisa was nice enough to help with the install. Even though she knows about all the parts she has never installed one, ever. I think she did a pretty good job.

[youtube_browser]vnjicB0-oaw[/youtube_browser]

Some tips
#1) Clean the inside of the filter flange. This is the #1 reason for a filter sliding off, it must be clean of oil and dry.
#2) Tighten the shield bolts last. Install the bolt and nut, but leave loose. Get the tube on the throttle body and the filter on the tube, then tighten the bolt.
#3) Finger tight on the nut on the front of the shield. It's used to secure the shield and it attached to the thick rubber grommet that holds the fresh air inlet scoop. Just like the scoop, this mounting is only to position the shield. It does not need to be tight.
#4) Do not over tighten the clamps! Over tightening the clamps causes too much force on the tube causing it to slip. If snug, it will not come off.

That's really about it and all these tips are in the directions with pictures.

The tube we use in the video was used on the car to drive to Mustang Week 2012, over 1000 miles there and back plus driving around.
I normally run the carbon fiber purely for the look.

I'm not going to stay in here and go back and forth with people wanting to bash me or my product. I designed it, I use it and I beat the living tar our of my vehicles with it installed.

If you want help with anything I'm available @ [email protected]
Feel free to send some pics of your situation, suggestions on what would help you and we'll work together to get you happy. If you are going to demand a redesign and trash us online, I can't help you.

For the record, the loudest people here, ME32 and Blaze don't even have this kit and mebcop has not contacted me for help or sent any pictures. :bored:

Happy Holidays
Jay

Tucker

Forgot to add some pics from last night.
1469888_10151874259337155_1235607762_n.jpg

1000364_10151874259402155_842859874_n.jpg

1459348_10151874259427155_1034872120_n.jpg

1457456_10151874259527155_1771879156_n.jpg

1463145_10151874259572155_1574657948_n.jpg

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Forgot to add some pics from last night.
1469888_10151874259337155_1235607762_n.jpg

1000364_10151874259402155_842859874_n.jpg

1459348_10151874259427155_1034872120_n.jpg

1457456_10151874259527155_1771879156_n.jpg

1463145_10151874259572155_1574657948_n.jpg

I can mount mine to look exactly like that too.... it just doesn't stay there! That's why pics do no good. And I'm sure you didn't make any adjustments to yours before you took that pic, right... that's why there's no pcv hooked up to it...

Tucker

OMG dude, get a life.
If you watched the video and read the post I run the CF kit.
I used the plastic by request in this thread.

Holy shit you need to just remove that intake, spend more money and move on. Holy hell your ridiculous

LOL, the video got a thumbs down, Bawawahahahaaaaaa that's too funny

Last edited:

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
LISTEN: Anyone can mount it to look like that.... IT DOESN'T STAY LIKE THAT! That's the problem. When I take my car out of storage, I will send you pics showing that my tube does NOT stick through the shroud as far as yours does. I have my clamps at the end of the coupler on the TB and tube, and it still doesn't stick through that much. And I don't have my shroud tightened so hard its squeezing the rubber grommet on the front shroud mount.

I wonder if the smooth flat surface of a painted/CF tubes holds the filter better than the textured surface of the textured black ones.

Last edited:

Tucker

Slick paint is smoother than the tube and the tube is not textured at the bottom.

Give it up, go to your car, clean your filter, send me pics and move on.

If your not going to send pics and try my suggestions then move on with your life.

If you want help, then send pics.
Can't send pics?
Wait till you can and do, but don't waste my time trying to pick apart my pictures and video.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I DID try your suggestions. I will say it AGAIN. I DID contact you about this issue. You obviously don't remember me. You told me to clean it with dish soap, I did. It didn't fix it. You told me to use simple green. I had to go buy some because I didn't have any. Remember me yet? Still didn't fix it. You suggested putting the clamps as close to the edges as possible on the TB and Intake Tube. I did (I already had but did it again). The pushing on the bottom of the filter from the shroud is STILL there and over time it does work the filter off the tube.

When I take it all apart, clean it, and put it all back together, it looks JUST LIKE the one in your pictures. After a week or so, the filter is rubbing the radiator shroud, and then the car starts stumbling here or there and all I do is loosen the filter, push it back on all the way, tighten it back down, and the car runs perfect again.

I am done this debate until spring. You wanting me to take pics of my car sitting still with the filter mounted doesn't make any sense. The better series of pics (which I will do and post a thread about) is going to be a before/after. I will mount it EXACTLY how you say, drive it for a week, and then another pic of it sitting against the radiator shroud after the week of driving.

by9468840

Established Member
I DID try your suggestions. I will say it AGAIN. I DID contact you about this issue. You obviously don't remember me. You told me to clean it with dish soap, I did. It didn't fix it. You told me to use simple green. I had to go buy some because I didn't have any. Remember me yet? Still didn't fix it. You suggested putting the clamps as close to the edges as possible on the TB and Intake Tube. I did (I already had but did it again). The pushing on the bottom of the filter from the shroud is STILL there and over time it does work the filter off the tube.

When I take it all apart, clean it, and put it all back together, it looks JUST LIKE the one in your pictures. After a week or so, the filter is rubbing the radiator shroud, and then the car starts stumbling here or there and all I do is loosen the filter, push it back on all the way, tighten it back down, and the car runs perfect again.

I am done this debate until spring. You wanting me to take pics of my car sitting still with the filter mounted doesn't make any sense. The better series of pics (which I will do and post a thread about) is going to be a before/after. I will mount it EXACTLY how you say, drive it for a week, and then another pic of it sitting against the radiator shroud after the week of driving.

is that CF radiator cover any different than the stock one?
wouldnt a shorter replacement filter solve the problem by the way? I dont know who manufactures the filter but if they provided a filter with same diameter but just shorter body, it'd fit perfectly.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Rubber on plastic does...? Nothing. Had mine on for over a year with no wear mark.
Again, YOU have no JLT products and are only here to jump on the JLT bash band wagon like you always do.
Get a life dude. :lol:

Thanks,
I know it's not difficult to install and people hate that I speak my mind. Oh well, been here done that and this is our best year in the 10 we have been in business.:rockon:

LOL, nice try. Another couple clowns who "tried" to hurt us and failed epicly:coolman:

Now I hear one of them runs a JLT:lol:
What's funny is it's always the same group of internet guys who try and hurt our name and that's why I go out of my way to give it right back to you.

You guys need to find a hobby, sitting on line looking for JLT threads is got to be getting old.:bored:

Hey jay it shows how very little you know. You say I have no jlt products but your wrong. I actually have the JLT black bezals for the brake cooling kit. But you so so smart you have no idea what the hell your talking about. Get off your high horse at the rate your going you may end up putting yourself out of business with your poor customer service

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
is that CF radiator cover any different than the stock one?
wouldnt a shorter replacement filter solve the problem by the way? I dont know who manufactures the filter but if they provided a filter with same diameter but just shortbbr udder body, it'd fit perfectly.

I'm sure its slightly different than the oem. Which is why there is more clearance than those with the stock cover. If you look at all the pics posted by jay you will see that most all is touching and rubbering will be occurring. Ill take some pics of my buddy's car when I can that shows thw rubbing and the filter still tries to come off even with a screw in it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So we took the time to do an install video to highlight some of the areas customers have questions on.
This should help make things clear on how we intend to have the kit installed and fit.
Lisa was nice enough to help with the install. Even though she knows about all the parts she has never installed one, ever. I think she did a pretty good job.

[youtube_browser]vnjicB0-oaw[/youtube_browser]

Some tips
#1) Clean the inside of the filter flange. This is the #1 reason for a filter sliding off, it must be clean of oil and dry.
#2) Tighten the shield bolts last. Install the bolt and nut, but leave loose. Get the tube on the throttle body and the filter on the tube, then tighten the bolt.
#3) Finger tight on the nut on the front of the shield. It's used to secure the shield and it attached to the thick rubber grommet that holds the fresh air inlet scoop. Just like the scoop, this mounting is only to position the shield. It does not need to be tight.
#4) Do not over tighten the clamps! Over tightening the clamps causes too much force on the tube causing it to slip. If snug, it will not come off.

That's really about it and all these tips are in the directions with pictures.

The tube we use in the video was used on the car to drive to Mustang Week 2012, over 1000 miles there and back plus driving around.
I normally run the carbon fiber purely for the look.

I'm not going to stay in here and go back and forth with people wanting to bash me or my product. I designed it, I use it and I beat the living tar our of my vehicles with it installed.

If you want help with anything I'm available @ [email protected]
Feel free to send some pics of your situation, suggestions on what would help you and we'll work together to get you happy. If you are going to demand a redesign and trash us online, I can't help you.

For the record, the loudest people here, ME32 and Blaze don't even have this kit and mebcop has not contacted me for help or sent any pictures. :bored:

Happy Holidays
Jay

For the record I choose not to have your kit cause its made cheap with issues. I choose Frpp CAI because its made well and works with no issues. Also frpp kit will pass smog were none of jlt kits will pass smog in states that have visual.

Tucker

CF rad cover is OEM size, just smoothed out.

Still no pictures of cars with issues.

Look, shields are made by humans, if they are off we can help you, but if you refuse to send pics we can't see anything.

I can't come to your house and see what's going on, so you'll need to do a little something too

I've explained about cleaning the oil from the filter, showed a video on my wife installing the exact kit you guys have, I've shown pictures of SEVERAL kits installed and still you guys want to trash the product, looking for every little thing to blame the part like the CF rad cover...
I don't know what you expect me to do.

We race, drive and use our parts on a daily basis, if I don't have the issue and can't see your issue I can't help you.

Not sure how many times I need to say it, I'm here to help, but you will have to let me. So far, none in this thread are allowing that.

The amount of time and effort put into posting here is 10 times what it would have taken to let me help you with emails and pics.
I'm willing to bet we could have sent whatever parts were needed to help you guys out.:bash:

Me32, you may have our bezels, but never had our intake, but you seem to find you way in every single JLT thread. Almost stalkerish LOL

Last time I'll say it here,
Email me pics, GOOD PICS and give me a call to discuss and we'll see what we can do.

A simple part made slightly off may be "your" issues, we make thousands per year.

Thanks
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread