Jlt 3.0 oil seperator

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
My guess is that they increased the capacity to 3oz and it is longer ,height wise,and a little more weight ,so it flexes the hoses and causes it to touch the valve cover. Does any one have the problem with the prevous model. Untill I hear of a fix probably going to hold off purchasing one. I sure do like the design though!

No fitment issues with version 2.0 on my car and it works well. Here is a side-by-side size comparison:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Imatk

Established Member
Wish they would offer the new filtering for the 2.0 instead of having to buy a new can :/

Snoopy49

Established Member
Wish they would offer the new filtering for the 2.0 instead of having to buy a new can :/

JLT offers the 2.0 filter replacement for the 1.0, but the 3.0 filter would require additional machining and it looks like the 2.0 housing is to small to accommodate the larger filter.

Imatk

Established Member
JLT offers the 2.0 filter replacement for the 1.0, but the 3.0 filter would require additional machining and it looks like the 2.0 housing is to small to accommodate the larger filter.

Yeah I've go the updated filter for mine... works very well. I'm just wondering how much more if any this new filter catches.

Vinny@JLT

JLT Here.

Has anyone taken any pictures of the unit where it's touching? Give me the details of your vehicle please, year...supercharger etc. Locally I have access to a 2007, 2010 and 2013.

Since the 3.0's release we've sold 235 passenger side setups for the GT500, I've had one gentleman email saying his touched. Looks like he's in here with maybe another.

Trying to determine what the issue may be, we've been making parts for the GT500 long enough to know if something is off we'll hear about it.

As for the improvements on the oil separator, you don't keep a cell phone forever, products are improved on. The old units worked, the new units work better...We'll put it against any competitors product :)

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
JLT Here.

Has anyone taken any pictures of the unit where it's touching? Give me the details of your vehicle please, year...supercharger etc. Locally I have access to a 2007, 2010 and 2013.

Since the 3.0's release we've sold 235 passenger side setups for the GT500, I've had one gentleman email saying his touched. Looks like he's in here with maybe another.

Trying to determine what the issue may be, we've been making parts for the GT500 long enough to know if something is off we'll hear about it.

As for the improvements on the oil separator, you don't keep a cell phone forever, products are improved on. The old units worked, the new units work better...We'll put it against any competitors product :)

08 with no issues, just replaced my Bobs with your 3.0 initially I went with Bobs because they painted it for me and it is a quality piece but now I'm looking to clean the engine bay up a bit and this is just a cleaner looking piece. Plus I have every engine bay piece you sell.

Vinny@JLT

08 with no issues, just replaced my Bobs with your 3.0 initially I went with Bobs because they painted it for me and it is a quality piece but now I'm looking to clean the engine bay up a bit and this is just a cleaner looking piece. Plus I have every engine bay piece you sell.

Thank you for your support! Shoot me some photos [email protected] we love seeing all that installed :)

Tucker

I think the issue may be simple tolerances in machining as well as the O ring and how tight the can is.

Like Vinny said, we have sold a ton of them in a short amount of time and 1 call, no pictures.

Simple and easy fix, add a small square of the soft side velcro to the can or valve cover where it will not be seen and it's protected.
We wanted to add capacity with little size change and make it the same and loved 20 second install.

Glad to hear about all the oil people are collecting and seeing installed pics of the products, thanks for the support!:beer:

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Thanks for chiming in JLT. I was on the fence about the new version, but knowing you have sold 235 of them with no documented complaints (pictures), I will be ordering one for sure now!

Vinny@JLT

No problem. Not saying the product is perfect but we'd like to narrow down the problem. If it's something wrong with that specific hose/can or if it's a specific model year of GT500/ supercharger combo etc.

916er

Established Member
I was one of those who had a rubbing issue. I wish I took photos but unfortunately, I did not . I sent the unit back to JLT and they were gracious enough to accept the return. Since then I have been in contact with Vinny and I have purchased a left over 2.0 unit from them. I do not drive my car that much so the smaller capacity is not an issue for me. I would really like to thank Vinny and JLT for working with me on this issue. He is a real nice person and JLT is a great company. I look forward to purchasing more products from them. I do encourage, however, anyone else that has had the same issue to take pics and get them to JLT. My car is a 2012 and is totally stock.

Tucker

I was one of those who had a rubbing issue. I wish I took photos but unfortunately, I did not . I sent the unit back to JLT and they were gracious enough to accept the return. Since then I have been in contact with Vinny and I have purchased a left over 2.0 unit from them. I do not drive my car that much so the smaller capacity is not an issue for me. I would really like to thank Vinny and JLT for working with me on this issue. He is a real nice person and JLT is a great company. I look forward to purchasing more products from them. I do encourage, however, anyone else that has had the same issue to take pics and get them to JLT. My car is a 2012 and is totally stock.

Good to hear and thank you for the feedback.

We had a 2013 in yesterday and no issues, so it must be a 2010-12 think or just a small variance in machining as we have not got any other calls our of the 500 something units sold.
Again, emails are above for pics

20161013_125252.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread