Jlt 123 vs jlt res delete

G's Shelby

Established Member
My car is a road course car. Current mods are 2.5 pulley, jlt 110 res delete intake and vmp tune. I picked up 65mm dual tb and was wondering should I get a bigger intake or will the 110 follow enough for the new throttle body?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

cj428mach

Established Member
Area = Pi * radius (squared)
TB
32.5 x 32.5 x 3.14 = 3316mm per blade so x 2 blades = 6633.25mm

JLT Intake
55 x 55 x 3.14 = 9498mm

The JLT will out flow the TB.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
The main reason you would need a larger tube is to slow down the air flow and recalibrate the parameters for the MAF sensor. With the stock blower, you're in no danger of pegging the MAF with the stock diameter tube. Once you go TVS or one of the other aftermarket blowers, it can become a reality and necessitate are larger tube. Going to the 123mm will require a tune modification.

Famine

Established Member
The main reason you would need a larger tube is to slow down the air flow and recalibrate the parameters for the MAF sensor. With the stock blower, you're in no danger of pegging the MAF with the stock diameter tube. Once you go TVS or one of the other aftermarket blowers, it can become a reality and necessitate are larger tube. Going to the 123mm will require a tune modification.
Why would air speed be a factor? Mafs are calibrated to the diameter of the piping, then the sensor heats up and then the speed of the air is what gives the ecu the total number of air (02 and nitrogen) entering the engine. I didn't think there could be too fast of a flow for the maf to not register correctly.
Go bigger on the intake, then yeah, you need a retune to get that variable of the equation correct.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
The MAF sensor is just that, a sensor. If you had access the the transfer functions between MAF sizes, you'd have a better idea of what I'm saying. The MAF just samples the air, so if it's in a larger diameter tube, the amount of air going through it, given the same volume of air, the MAF will read either higher frequencies or lower voltage depending on if it's an late or early car, respectively. The whole purpose of the larger tube diameter is to change how the MAF interprets that sample. If the MAF sensor had enough resolution to read an infinite amount of airflow, there would be no need for larger tubes. But when you run out mhz or exceed 5 volts, the only way to change that scale is to put the MAF in a larger diameter housing.

Famine

Established Member
The MAF sensor is just that, a sensor. If you had access the the transfer functions between MAF sizes, you'd have a better idea of what I'm saying. The MAF just samples the air, so if it's in a larger diameter tube, the amount of air going through it, given the same volume of air, the MAF will read either higher frequencies or lower voltage depending on if it's an late or early car, respectively. The whole purpose of the larger tube diameter is to change how the MAF interprets that sample. If the MAF sensor had enough resolution to read an infinite amount of airflow, there would be no need for larger tubes. But when you run out mhz or exceed 5 volts, the only way to change that scale is to put the MAF in a larger diameter housing.
Good to know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread