Votes: 9 45.0%
  • JLT

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fordification

Established Member
So I've narrowed it down to these 2 intakes. I like the JLP box for avoiding the heat, except I've heard the box can rub on the hood, and I kind of like seeing the filter, since my truck is strictly fair weather. Plus they also sell the oil separators. JLP does have the ram air option though.

What do you guys think?

feec19101b0f4be8de89d27f4a9c070f.image.750x499.JPG

JL_Lightning_19__71662.1330295796.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:

fordification

Established Member
I know this is been beat to death, but I'm bored and probably the only undecided option.

RANGER219

Established Member
I have the JLP on my truck, it just looks cleaner to me. I haven't had any problems with it rubbing on my hood. Just my two cents

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have the JLP on my truck, it just looks cleaner to me. I haven't had any problems with it rubbing on my hood. Just my two cents

That basically my opinion as well. JLT makes great products, but I prefer the JLP design. I believe JLP now offers their intake in aluminum now too, which interests me.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I had the JLP ram air on my truck but I also took some rubber strip and went around the top and bottom of the perforated lid just to add an extra layer of insurance against rubbing. But after 7 years it didn't show any marks on my fiberglass aftermarket hood.

Canadian_Bacon

Armchair Athlete
Established Member
I went with the JLP Forced Air Kit. No problems with rubbing after almost a year. Looks killer at car shows too. Also JL is an awesome guy!

Last edited:

fordification

Established Member
So do you bother with the JLP box lid or leave it open top? I assume with the hood closed, it limits the amount of warm air draw?

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Been using JLT for years and it works just fine for me. I went with a whipple CAI set up on the L just due to the M122.

Stoffer

I paid my buck-o-five
Established Member
that picture only shows about half the total JLP setup, he also offers the thunder tube and the sheet metal plenum...

for you rookies / cherries: the JLP air box will make contact with your hood if you are not using the JLP thunder tube, JLT CAI tube, or the stock "accordian" elbow...

I've always wondered what the JLT tube would look like with the JLP air box

Bonestk87

Established Member
Stoffer,

I have the JLP ram air box (not installed yet) with a C&L elbow. So you're saying the lid is going to rub my hood? Do the other tubes/elbows have more flex is the reason why they don't rub?

Jeremy
04 L

Last edited:

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I have used JLT intakes exclusively on the last few hot rods I've had. Jay's customer service is second to none, and his stuff is top quality.

JJ 10.88 Coyote

Established Member
We have worked with tuned and installed them all and the JLP gets my vote. It also puts the IAT sensor in the correct location.

JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread