Jeep Magneto, Manual Trans EV Concept

andymarkv

Established Member
Maybe this is old news, but I found it interesting. My biggest complaint with EV's is they lack engagement.
The Jeep Magneto concept integrates an electric motor in a way that "feels" more like ICE. I haven't see that done before.
I understand that Jeep brings out a BUNCH of cool stuff for the "Easter Jeep Safari" that will never be in production...but its nice to see that there is the potential for an EV to have more driver engagement than I thought possible.

Jeep's Magneto Concept Is an EV Wrangler with a Manual Transmission and All Ate Up With Batteries

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting article and video. Worth the time to read/watch. I'm not an EV fan, but the possibility of some sort of life after ICEs is somewhat promising as technology evolves.

andymarkv

Established Member
Is this some kind of Trans vehicle?
HA! Yeah, I realized that was coming after I reread the title!! lol...

This article dives a little deeper.
I like that they used regen to slow the motor when the clutch is disengaged to stop rev-hang.
Jeep Wrangler Magneto Concept First Drive

Am I going to throw away, my gas stuff NO!
But I can't buy a manual transmission truck anymore(drove my last stick truck 13 years & 170K miles and shouldn't have sold it)
So whats the difference between driving engagement of an automatic transmission or an EV...? Not much IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread