JBL Boombox 2 - Anyone Own One?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have a JBL Flip, and it's awesome. We use it all the time when we're camping or just sitting on the patio. For those that don't know, it looks like this:

However, I've been thinking of picking up something larger for more open areas. I think the JBL Boombox my fit the bill. Has anyone tried one of these:

DaBigBone

Established Member
I have a Flip 4 as well as the Boombox. The Boombox is nice and sounds great, but the sheer size of it can be a lot. I love the Flip as I can just throw it in my bag and head to the pool, beach, patio, etc..

I think it all depends on your overall use but just be prepared to carry it. 9/10 times I just grab my Flip and it's more than enough for my needs.

RES0574

Established Member
For mobile/traveling requirements, I have two Flips that I pair to cover a larger area. I do not watch much TV, so when I am in hotels, I set up my poor man's surround sound when I am working to stream music. They have worked well for me over the past year or so.

I had the Boombox previously, but it was just too big for easy transport. With two Flips, I can just throw them in the bag, etc when it is time to go.

Similar to Bruno, I have SONOS in my house and office.

triple-s

Established Member
I went the middle route and got the jbl extreme 2. I did want the boom box at first but after seeing my friend struggle to carry it plus all his other to the beach I was nah I'm good. Plus the extreme comes with a shoulder strap and has been plenty loud enough. My only gripe is the battery doesn't last as long as it's advertised for says 11 hours play time but the most I got out of it straight playing was 6 hours.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I have the original JBL Xtreme. Plenty of bass and sound for my needs. Have taken it to the beach, park, camping, etc, has been great everywhere.

Saw the Boombox in person and I thought it was too big to carry everywhere. Even the Xtreme IMO is a bit big and thats about half the size of the Boombox.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
I have the original boombox and it's awesome for beach days and filling the garage with sound when I'm out there working on something. It sounds much bigger than it is and delivers great bass for a portable bluetooth speaker. You can toss it into a pool and it will float, too.

hoamskilet

Established Member
I went the middle route and got the jbl extreme 2. I did want the boom box at first but after seeing my friend struggle to carry it plus all his other to the beach I was nah I'm good. Plus the extreme comes with a shoulder strap and has been plenty loud enough. My only gripe is the battery doesn't last as long as it's advertised for says 11 hours play time but the most I got out of it straight playing was 6 hours.

This. Best compromise between portability and sound

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread