JBA shorties

boost88

Established Member
There's a set on ebay rn about 200 shipped which I think is a good deal.

Is it worth it? I'll be doing the install myself so labor isn't an issue. Car does have a slight exhaust leak on the driver side as well so be a prime opportunity to fix it.

Long tubes aren't really an option for me. I already have a bassani x so it would either be mid lengths or this. And is the extra 600 bucks worth the few hp I might gain? Has anyone run these and noticed some gain?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Why are long tubes not an option for you? Installation?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

boost88

Established Member
Why are long tubes not an option for you? Installation?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Ground clearance is a big one for me. Plus I spent almost 600 bucks on a bassani mid pipe so the only option that way is mid lengths or shorties. I turn my own wrenches so I'm not worried about the installation really. Plus the whole remove the header to drop the trans isn't fun either. I had them on mu 03 mach and it also killed a few starters

Plus with the EPA killing manufacturers catless stuff I would have a serious time finding a mid pipe unless I wanted to hack mine up.

boost88

Established Member
jba headers are midlength headers.
I think they give about 9-10 hp gain over the rpm band.....
plus the ground clearance is very good.
These are the cat 4 ward shorties in 1 5/8.

My biggest thing is this. If mid lengths will net me 5 to 7 hp over the shorties. Is 500 plus dollars worth 5 to 7 hp? To me not really. I just wanna know if the cat 4 ward shorties do actually net a gain close to mid lengths

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
I love mine; the install kind of sucks, but the 1-1/2" primary versions aren't too bad as far as bolt access and there was a definite SOTP gain. I reused the stock mls manifold gaskets and have yet to retorque them after almost 20 years and the ceramic coating still looks like new. As long as you don't expect longtube gains, they're worth it, IMO.

boost88

Established Member
I love mine; the install kind of sucks, but the 1-1/2" primary versions aren't too bad as far as bolt access and there was a definite SOTP gain. I reused the stock mls manifold gaskets and have yet to retorque them after almost 20 years and the ceramic coating still looks like new. As long as you don't expect longtube gains, they're worth it, IMO.
Yeah I'm just expecting something. If it's 7 to 10 that's great. If it was new price vs new price I'd just spend the money on bassani. But I'm pretty cheap lol

Users who are viewing this thread