JBA Dyno Tuning in San Diego

FordFanStan

Established Member
I think Cobra1981 was talking about a certain track event that just passed at Barona. There were handful of stangs there, from various stang clubs from various builders and tuners, and he won.

To the OP, my recommendation is to call each place and talk to them. If you have the ability, some people have got tunes from several places to see how the drivability/power/safety differs, then keep the one you like the best. FFS

Last edited:

BUMPSTICKS

Established Member
I think Cobra1981 was talking about a certain track event that just passed at Barona. There were handful of stangs there, from various stang clubs from various builders and tuners, and he won.

So because of one track outing in Barona means hes faster then all others :D I call BS, lets see some video's or time slip proving this. I was at Greg's the other night watching him tune my buddys GT. I met some guy there with a red S197 GT that just raced at Barona and went 7.3 with a stick and little Roush supercharger. Obviously he didnt race him. I am sure I can dig a picture of of that car if you would like.

I can say I was at Pomona and beat John Force a couple weeks ago, doesnt mean it happened :beer:

FordFanStan

Established Member
I just tried to clarify his post for you. I never said he is faster or quicker than all others, I said he beat all the other cars/Mustangs at that specific track event. I don't remember the name of the event, but it was a Mustang only event iirc, approximately two months ago if I had to guess? Wait now that I am thinking about it, I think it was either sponsored by Wicked Stangs or they had something to do with it? Heck I wasn't even there, just trying to better clarify the posts. FFS

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Seems like RET is the place to go around here but I talked with them about changing my stock lower which I broke. They had some factory lowers laying around and wanted $200.00. Which in all fairness they are 900.00 at the dealer but still I can find them online all day for 50-100.00 they could of gave me a better deal and I would of brought my car to them. On the bright side it was 150.00 to change the pulley which is pretty decent.

BackInBlack

Established Member
What is the usuall price for RET tune? I am planning to try and get my car up to them in late April. I wrote greg and he priced me @ $400 for standard custom tune and $350 for the X-cal. Never payed for a tune before or had much experience with the tuning process. I am sure he knows what hes doing and this is a legit price but not knowing what is really going on just makes me nervous for my car. (Not trying to jack OP)

svtguy22

Established Member
What is the usuall price for RET tune? I am planning to try and get my car up to them in late April. I wrote greg and he priced me @ $400 for standard custom tune and $350 for the X-cal. Never payed for a tune before or had much experience with the tuning process. I am sure he knows what hes doing and this is a legit price but not knowing what is really going on just makes me nervous for my car. (Not trying to jack OP)

That is the usual price. Don't worry, you won't be disappointed.

jerardogav

Established Member
DMP is actually the guy who built the motor on Gregs(RET) mustang. I had my truck tuned at RET never had any problems but when I get it retuned for the ported blower and some other goodies I will be going with DMP. Its just that greg is more popular with the mustang community and DMP is with the Lightning/Harley community. Oh and DMP is also very good with mustangs and has great customer service give him a call and see for your self. 619-474-8675

FordFanStan

Established Member
It did the job but the internals would not hold the 1K hp he is making now. :beer:

Because those are the internals that were supplied and requested to be used. Dante recommended him not to run over 22psi and preferably not over 800hp on those rods, however he did make 9xx and over 24psi iirc.

Greg@RET

Established Member
This threads funny.

You can give me a hamster in a wheel and I will make it fast :thumbsup:

BUMPSTICKS

Established Member
One of Gregs customers with a 3.4 Lightning just went 10.60 today in a full weight street driven truck. In dash dvd, suede seats/liner, and drives on the streets.

silverpoison

MAD TORQUE Inc.
Established Member
Yeah with a DMP built motor if its who I am thinking about

Please do not take this the wrong way but that doesnt really matter. Greg and I built my entire car other then the shortblock. Does that mean so and so made my car fast? His personal race car shortblock was built by a buddy of his, does that mean he didnt build his car? Putting a good motor together doesnt mean a car will run the number.

I was at the rental today and saw some things, but I will be a adult and just say it was a fun day at the track. :beer:

jerardogav

Established Member
How can putting a good motor not mean a car will run a good number? If you got the right stufff the tuner will be able to get more out of it. I never said greg doesnt do good tuning if you see my previous post I said RET tuned my truck. I just expressed my opinion that when I retune my truck I will go to Dante(DMP).

svtleen

Established Member
I am VERY impress with Dante's work and attentiveness. One of his regular customer 'Steve' showed up to check his Monsterous motor that Dante was building for him and I was impress. I will definately be going there for future tunes/re-tune and possibly more. To sum it all up DANTE IS A SUPERB TUNER IN SAN DIEGO!

DanteModularPerformance.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread