JBA Dyno Tuning in San Diego

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Has nothing to do with tuning but I was kind of dissapointed when I talked to one of there techs there, I broke my lower crank pulley and needed it to be changed, I called up and asked for a price and first I was told 3xx.00 then I called a few weeks later and they told me 195.00 (which was OK)because thats what the book says. Basically 2 hours for labor even if it takes 45 min (which is all it should take) your still paying for 2 hours labor. He then told me its difficult because they need to use a dampener (which is wrong) etc.. Anyway they have a very nice and very clean shop!! not sure how they are with tuning.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Hit up DMP, they are local to you in National City. They offer SCT, Diablo, Sniper, and more. They offer a money back gaurantee :eek:, and they don't charge much. You won't be dissapointed!

COBRA1981

2tonrkt
Established Member

Ray Lucca

Established Member
S. Diego Tune

I actually had my 03 Cobra tuned about a year ago at JBA and they did a good job. Mike set me up, Bruce did the tuning. They are one tuner to consider. I can also recommend Eric at Impulse Engineering in Huntington Beach. They installed Bruce's full R. Bushing kit and other service, and did an excellent job. 714 895 1000. Good luck

svtguy22

Established Member
Hit up DMP, they are local to you in National City. They offer SCT, Diablo, Sniper, and more. They offer a money back gaurantee :eek:, and they don't charge much. You won't be dissapointed!

A money back guarentee? Money back doesn't mean a thing when your engine blows up. You car's tune isn't something you want to risk. Not saying that it would blow up, just food for thought.

I still say stick with RET. Literally dozens of threads about how greg @ RET is the man. Use the search button and type in "RET" and you will be sold.

Good luck!

FordFanStan

Established Member
This was recently setup to offer an incentive to have your vehicle tuned by DMP because they are confident enough they know you will be pleased. This is also an offer they recently established to gaurantee your tunes end result will be safer with better drivability. Each time a customer gets tuned, they will completely log all your vehicles data before and after and explain everything to you. Safety and reliability is their number 1 key goal, not iced down dyno numbers. They also tune on their in-house Mustang MD-1100 eddy current load bearing dynamometer.

silverpoison

MAD TORQUE Inc.
Established Member
I dont know about either of these shops. My low mustang dyno DMP tuned numbers BEAT all the RET and JBA tuned cars with there high numbers!:banana:

Want to race?

No offense but your sig says 12.2. Greg has many cobras running 11's on a pulley and stock blower. One guy went 11.3 at Palmdale full weight. He has a couple Cobras running 8's some running 9's and a few running 10's. :beer: Just look around at how many Mustangs has been tuned at RET and how many blown motors you will find. Probably 0.

Last edited:

red92

Never To Fast
Established Member
I dont know about either of these shops. My low mustang dyno DMP tuned numbers BEAT all the RET and JBA tuned cars with there high numbers!:banana:

Greg i got ya...... "WELL LETS LINE IT UP THEN"! I will see you at the track! :rockon:

:beer:

silverpoison

MAD TORQUE Inc.
Established Member
I just rolled into RET right now and thought I would take a picture of what I saw. I think he knows a thing or two about cobras :D

037.gif

038.gif

BUMPSTICKS

Established Member
The time in my sig was with stock pullied eaton, have not been back to track since upgrades. I will be in VA in a few weeks and will see what my times are.:burnout:

Thats cool.
Here is another RET pullied eaton car that just went 11.4 on sat. full weight. If the 60' was better it could have went 11.3
attachment.php

Another customer went 9.9 with a n/a nitrous cobra
http://www.0-1320feet.com/Vid/98blkblk/Famoso9.MPG

One more went 11.2 with a n/a Mach with juice. All of the cars above are stick shifts.

I just put a Whipple on mine so I will let you guys know what I run :rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread