jAnother centri'd Cobra....

01Cobra896

Established Member
Another centri'd Cobra....

A while back I bought droptopsnake's Vortech setup while I was deployed. Finally got home a few weeks ago and had a mad 5 day single man wrenching party. Did a lot of upgrades on the car in that time. Once I got it all installed I loaded a tune on the car and got her running. As you can tell, I am in Germany. Tony from HP Performance flew over to do some dyno tuning on a bunch of Mustangs over here. We met at a dyno shop in Stuttgart. They had a Superflow four wheel dyno there. The numbers I got are in the metric system but here are the raw numbers for ya. Let me know what you think.

M-MotD 597.2 DIN-NM @ 5090RPM (this is the torque numbers)
P-MotD 378.2 DIN-KW @6305RPM (this is the power at the rear wheels)
P-MotP 514.4 DIN-PS @6305RPM (from what I am told this is calculated power at the crank, not sure of the measurement)

Now, they had a conversion table there on a computer and the numbers for you guys back home is 440 hp and tq to the rear tires. I had a very flat lambda curve that never went above 12.6 AFR from 2000 to 6800RPM. Needless to say the car is SOOOOOO much more fun to drive on the Autobahn. At my normal cruising speed of 85MPH and 3200RPM, I still get almost identical gas mileage. If I start pushing the skinny pedal, that changes very quickly. Here is a list of the mods done to the car.

Vortech V-2 SQ with a 3.33 pulley and Aftercooler
Anderson Power Pipe
SCT BA-2800
LFP dual pass heat exchanger
60lb injectors
Terminator fuel tank with twin GT pumps and PPRV delete
Stage 1 modified FPDM

I already had a Naz ported lower intake and PHP intake spacer installed as well as a Magnaflow cat back. I also now have a set of Bassani mid legnth headers. I will be getting a matching Bassani mid pipe. The car has 4.30 gears in the back. Let me tell you, when you want the car to go, she will go. I know it is not the fastest thing out there but boy what a difference. While tuning there was an issue with detonation. Tony figured it out and got the tune straight. Here is a link to the second pull they did on my car. They backed out of it at about 5000 RPM because they heard the detonation again. After this pull, Tony got it right and the car wound all the way to the 7000RPM redline. Needless to say, I am very happy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AosGN4c-toQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AosGN4c-toQ[/ame]

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
the **** you say about 12.6?????????

I hope that its far richer when you're actually making boost.

Tony should have known to tune the car as if it was NA until about 3000rpm when you start making boost.

otherwise, congrats and enjoy.

01Cobra896

Established Member
It may be different numbers as far as lambda. I have not gotten the wideband installed in the car yet. Trust me, it is a high priority right now.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
yeah, with concerns about detonation, Id want it pretty rich, especially if you plan on doing high speed autobahn runs. On a long top speed run, EGTs will climb FAST.

Mine runs about 12.8 until about 2800rpm when boost starts to build. By 3k its at 12.3ish, by 3500, its down to 12ish, by 4k its down to 11.8, and from there it trails down to 11.3 at the 7200 redline.

Nazman

Established Member
As stated, 12.6s is WAY too lean for a FI car. Also, keep in mind that the stock pistons will not tolerate detonation!

Users who are viewing this thread