Jack Stand Placement

Draugen

Draugen
Established Member
Question regarding jack stand placement on 03 cobra. Once rear end is jacked at recommended jack point, is there any harm in supporting the rear weight of the car with placement of a jack stand under the IRS cradle. Thanks in advance for any input or experiences with this.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Thats where I put them before I installed the subframe connectors. I still do sometimes when I only lift one wheel.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I used the pinch welds until I got the FLSFC. The FLSFC I got double as a jacking rail and now I use it for both as a jacking point and jack stands.

Draugen

Draugen
Established Member
Thanks for the replies. After some additional research and reading, my plans for getting the rear end off the ground ( for wheel removal) is to use two jacks on each side of the car at the manufacturer recommended jack locations to get the car high enough to set jack stands under the IRS cradle at locations either just in front or behind the rear wheels.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Additional info from my Terminator FAQs regarding jacking point. Full-length sub-frame connectors or jacking rails are always a good option.

Draugen

Draugen
Established Member
Thanks for the input. Have used the Terminator FAQ for reference many times over the years. Thanks for putting this information out there in such an easy to use format. May consider sub-frame connectors in the future. Definitely would help with rigidity and maintenance.

Users who are viewing this thread