ive had better days

bottlefed97

Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised if your car never drives the same again. sorry, that sucks--

People always think that when a car is wrecked it'll "never be the same again". lol

Here's what mine looked like exactly one year ago:

DSCF5194.jpg

DSCF5196.jpg

DSCF5203.jpg

And this is how it looked three months later:

4749932263_7321e6a43d_b.jpg

My dad and I fixed it ourselves in the garage and it's just as good as before the wreck. So if his dad owns a body shop and they've fixed it before, i'm sure it'll be fine!

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
People always think that when a car is wrecked it'll "never be the same again". lol

it won't. even if it is 100% fixxed, and drives straight once the frame is bent (and then straightened out), the car is never worth nearly as much as it was undamaged. i'd never knowingly buy a car that was extensively damaged. so even if the car drives fine it will indeed never be the same again, because it won't have nearly the same resale value.

bottlefed97

Established Member
it won't. even if it is 100% fixxed, and drives straight once the frame is bent (and then straightened out), the car is never worth nearly as much as it was undamaged. i'd never knowingly buy a car that was extensively damaged. so even if the car drives fine it will indeed never be the same again, because it won't have nearly the same resale value.

I'm not saying it won't be worth less... I'm just saying that it's not impossible to bring a pretty much "totalled" car back to it's original state.

90% of people told me to just part my car out and that it was pointless trying to fix it after such a bad wreck. Well they were wrong lol.

pixlix

Established Member
Thanks for your concern guys I make living fixing wrecked cars that's y I'm not too worried we have fixed worst my 01 gt was literally cut in half an drove straight and evrything aligned perfect depends how good the body man is in my case we are pretty good

Last edited:
Glad you are okay, however I have never understood why people feel the need to not use their brakes and slow down if someone is turning in front of them on a 2 lane road like that. It happens everyday to me and if I am not paying attention to the drivers behind me I could decide to continue going straight, scare the shit out of them and cause an accident.

+1 Well said. I see this all the time and bark at my own family members that do this all the time when I'm in the car with them. Seems many people these days are so worried about wearing their brake pads. A lot of people need to go back to driving school. People are doing this also in 1 lane roads, going into the other lane because they don't want to use their brakes.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Sorry to hear OP. Glad you're alright!

Here's what mine looked like exactly one year ago:

DSCF5194.jpg

DSCF5196.jpg

DSCF5203.jpg

And this is how it looked three months later:

4749932263_7321e6a43d_b.jpg

Very clean repair!!
My dad and I fixed it ourselves in the garage and it's just as good as before the wreck. So if his dad owns a body shop and they've fixed it before, i'm sure it'll be fine!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
uh, that's more than a 'fender bender'. glad you have a parent that can do body work, but you should never have a car like this on liability only, unless its a car you would simply 'discard' in the event of an accident. i wouldn't be surprised if your car never drives the same again. sorry, that sucks--

2 totally different things.
Those of us who deal with this kind of stuff don't care about resale value.

I've had salvage cars that outlasted and drove better than new ones.

pixlix

Established Member
[/COLOR]

2 totally different things.
Those of us who deal with this kind of stuff don't care about resale value.

I've had salvage cars that outlasted and drove better than new ones.

yes sir we make our living fixing wrecked cars for people as well as buying rebuildables to sell it all depends on the person fixing it, people always diss rebuiltcars and talk about them being unsafe and a problem on wheels but thats not the case if they get fixed right, im already ordering little cobra specific parts i need here and there the main thing being the hood and bumper already orderd a bumper just need a hood wont be long before i get it up and running again

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I agree,

The same guy who happens to be my cousin built all of mine.

I see the before, help with the build and never had an issue.

I do agree with one thing though, If you only have liability then a V6 shell swap is a good idea.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
that wont work because the insurance will pay me a v6 mustang if i total it or if it gets stolen

Yeah, but since you only have liability on the Cobra now, they aren't going to give you anything if you total it. Something is better than nothing.

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
That sucks to see but atleast you have the means and know how to rebuild it back to good as new. I'm blaming that bitch in the Grand Am, I dont care :)

Users who are viewing this thread