It's official.....

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
I can't drive this car worth a damn.. I decided to go to MIR tonight just to see what i could do and I totally sucked. Between the excessive wheel spin and the inability to shift the best i could do was a 12.64 @ 111mph :shrug: . the other 3 runs where even worse, I just don't know what I can do to make it better. the only thing i improved on was my reaction time got it down to a 017. I wasn't excepting world record runs since i was only launching at 3k, I don't know maybe i wasn't cut out to race this thing. :bash:

TRBO VNM

ok chris, back up here....

what was your tire pressure?
where you popping the clutch or riding it out?
how hot was the car and did you let it cool between runs?
are you on stock tires?
do you have a firewall adjuster and quadrant? if so, where does your clutch grab?
did you go through the water or around it?
if you are street tires and went around the water, did you spin them to clean them off?

as far as spin, welcome to your new power. you need to learn to drive through that. you might have to feather it a bit.

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
well, I'm on stock tires couldn't check the actuall pressure (no pressure gauge). I didn't pop the clutch at the line but once i was moving i let it go so basically first was useless and i think thats where it's hurting me. on the best run i did do a burn out but went around the water spin was less that time. no firewall adjuster or quadrant, those are things i plan on getting but there not high on my list right now. I truely excepected bad wheell spin but i also excepected to at least run better than i did with out the pulley. I know with practice I'll get better but i don't want to be running it every week It's funny though if i'm on the street i can hit the shifts pretty good but as soon as i get on the track i fumble it. oh and there was about a 30min cool down in between the runs ( not a whole lot of people there tonight)

Last edited:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
This summer heat makes us all look like chumps....PR's are set in the cool October weather...use this time to improve shifting, launching, etc...Congrats on your reaction times - you're ready for some bracket racing now!

If you're still on stock tires time to get some Dr's for the track...

Are you shifting at least at 6,200?

The firewall/quadrant is a MUST!!! The stock one sucks for the track!

I'll be a capitol tomorrow - opens at 12:00 - bracket racing starts at 6:00pm

Last edited:

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
Wutwine, what gauge wire do you use to jump the intercooler pump I wanted to do this but wasn't sure what gauge wire too use. I know the car was way too hot but i really didn't have a way to speed the cool down.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Chris, maybe Paul (Electprr) can tell you what he did. He actually installed a clean switch on the top of the box. That way he doesn't have to pull a fuse, and jump a wire. Looks clean and is pretty fail safe. Post up Paul.

Oh, and uh don't feel bad. You have at least hit the track. Unlike some of us talkers.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Chris, dont get down on yourself. With your added hp/tq, the stock F1 are pretty much useless. Get a set of BFG DRs before you break something, F1's=mad wheelhop.

Users who are viewing this thread