It's not a Cobra but...... (DUW!!!)

MAXX RS4

Established Member
If you wreck it because of carelessness, I myself will find you and beat you down.

Nice car though :thumbsup:

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Your lucky, please take care of it and be smart....o yea HAVE FUN!

To all you jealous b*tches shutup. You don't know the kid, he might be more responsable than you are. If he came in here a ****y assh*le then by all means be a dick, but HE DIDN'T! Welcome Aboard!

Stangeralf

Established Member
ReVviNg HiGh said:
Im 21. I agree with you to some extent. I had a fast RWD car for my first car. Its the smarts not the age.Yes knowledge and wisdom is obtained through experience, and he is young, but his parents must trust him enough to buy it for him. I knew i had a fast car and i knew i couldent crash it or i could never get another one living under my parent house. If he respects the car and values his life he will be fine. I raced at the track every weekend for 4 months after i got my 99 Firebird Ram Air. I took my fun to the track. Hope he will do the same after most of us here are advising him to play in a controlled area.

Good Luck man and be safe.
Will do man.

Stangeralf

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
sweet car for A 15 year old, congrats.

I lvoe how it's an 05, and it already has orangepeel..****in Piece of shit Ford paint. We have the sickest colors, but crappy quality. :bash:

Keep that car clean ,don't wreck it ****er.
Orange peel where at?

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Orange peel is just the texture of the paint, it's not totally smooth like glass. All cars have it pretty bad straight from the factory, Fords as a general rule aren't any worse than Chevys, Nissans, Dodges, etc., etc. You can get it color sanded and make it slick, but it'll cost ya a pretty decent bit of $$$$.

EDIT: I used work at a body shop and had to color sand E-V-E-R-Y D-A-Y!!! I hate it and I would charge a lot for it too.

Last edited:

Stangeralf

Established Member
DSG2003SVT said:
Orange peel is just the texture of the paint, it's not totally smooth like glass. All cars have it pretty bad straight from the factory, Fords as a general rule aren't any worse than Chevys, Nissans, Dodges, etc., etc. You can get it color sanded and make it slick, but it'll cost ya a pretty decent bit of $$$$.

EDIT: I used work at a body shop and had to color sand E-V-E-R-Y D-A-Y!!! I hate it and I would charge a lot for it too.
o didnt know that thanks.

redline360

Established Member
Awesome car. Damn your lucky i got stuck with a pos 305 turd gen camaro :nonono:

redline360

Established Member
Awesome car. Damn your lucky, my rents got me a pos 305 turd gen camaro :nonono:

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
yadi ***in yah, duno why some **** suckers have sticks up thier ass bout young kids owning fast cars, i bought/financed my first car at 17 which was a 04 torch red cobra, and had it pushing 473 horses before she got sold when i moved, and i never gotten a ticket and the cops in my town respected me for not abusing my lucky chance of owning such a beast... and ever since then till now, i am 19 with a modded supercharged bonneville still with 0 tickets and all the respect i can get for taming my urges to hammer it on the street when i c civics... u assholes piss me off, and let me guess all the other idiots who wrapped thier svt's and what not around poles just had bad luck and thier accelerator got stuck

neway *vent off*
lucky kid, wish my rents showed me up with the cobra back when i was 17 lol, it kinda did feel great knowing its my money buyin me happiness car wise tho
take good care of it, laziness kills!!!

Last edited:

mad03bom

mad03bom
Established Member
Damn guys let the kid show off his new ride . Looks good kid take care and be smart with your new toy. :pop: :pop:

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
very nice car @ 15 years old. 5pd whould be better though.
take care of it and have fun.

72stang

Established Member
YOU ARE GOING TO KILL YOURSELF AND YOU DONT DESERVE THAT CAR!!!
- is what not to say - lol Nice car man, and the old guys know alot- be careful, respect the power, and go to the strip....

or.... be really really careful and dont get caught

snakevenom99

Shenanigans
Established Member
I got a 99 Cobra as my first car. I also got a trip to bondourant along with the car, which was by far the best thing you can do when you just start driving. Respect the car and for the love of pete don't I repeat don't do ANYTHING your friends tell you. Learn the limits on the track not the street. Good luck, and don't let me see crash pics up in a few weeks.

SatinGreenGT

Established Member
Let me chime in on this...

I'm 18 and I drive a 05 GT. My first vehicle was a 2000 S-10 2.2 4 Banger, nice little truck but slow as a dog. Drove it for a couple of months, got in a wreck (wasn't my fault) and totaled it. The insurance company of the guy that hit me rewarded me with lots of $$, so I bought a used 99 Satin Green GT. Had it for almost 2 years, got stupid couple of times(street racing), but never once got a ticket or accident with it. So I saved up some more money, sold the GT and bought me a slightly used 04 Mach 1. (Machman's old car) Had it for a month and a half, got it sideways in the rain, totaled it.

After wrecking the Mach, I swear I was never going to get another Mustang. I knew I wasn't responsible enough for one yet, so I bought a 2005 Honda S2000. The thing was a turd down low, but fun ass car to drive. I thought this car would be perfect for me, it has no torque so I knew the rear end wouldn't kick back on me. But after driving it for many months, I got tired of it. The car handled like a champ but doesn't have the "gas and go" feeling a Mustang does...so I traded it in (got raped by the dealership) and got myself a 05 Sonic Blue GT.

I treat this car with a lot more respect now, there's a place and time for everything (track). And I think even if you're young, you can be responsible enough to drive a high HP car. Now the tendency of driving fast is a lot higher than the older crowd, but like I said, THERE'S A TIME AND PLACE FOR EVERYTHING.

So congrats on your car man, enjoy every bit of it, drive the car stock for awhile, leave the traction control on, and respect it. When you get use to the car, and want to go faster, get a CAI & Tune to get rid of the crappy drive by wire throttle. It'll make a huge difference.

Users who are viewing this thread