It was brought to my attention someone is trying to scam all of you...

Digital_Synapse

Established Member
As some of you may or may not know, I recently sold my car. I listed it on multiple forums, as well as autotrader, but never ever listed it on eBay. Someone sent me a PM about it and I looked into it. Someone sole all the content, narrative and all, from my ads and placed a false ad on ebay as a scam. I've already reported it, but in case they don't take action, please spread the word about this scam. The new owner of the car doesn't even live in Texas, and he absolutely freaking loves the car, and I just spoke with him, he's not selling it either, lol. Link to said scam below. Good looking out y'all.

Ford : Mustang Ford : Mustang | eBay

There was another one on ebay with the pics of my wheels claiming he was selling them. I informed him that the pictures are copyrighted and he has no permission to use them and will be fined if he didn't remove them. The pics were taken down from that ad, but I've seen them spring up in other areas. If anyone ever has any questions about anything I'm supposedly selling, please PM me. Thanks again.

Woody6799

Established Member
thats why you dont buy cars without seeing them, and dont buy from someone selling a car with zero feedback...

Good heads up

Ironhand

Banned
We should all make fake ebay accounts and drive the bid up to 100K+. Then tell him that we will pay the money when we arrive in person.

I wonder what he will say then. :)

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
You have to pick car up in Nigeria, or Gambi!!!
I like messing with these goofs, always tell em money is on its way! They get all aroused at the thought of me sending thousands of dollars, for merchandise they will "deliver"

Stangrocka

Infant SVT Poster
Established Member
This guy has to be a forum member right? I mean, how did he get all the info? VIn, pics, specs? What a Doosh.

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
He did list on "multiple" other forums. My bad...
They stole his content from other listing. That's my community college education at work ;-)

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There are more and more scams happening every day. The Internet provides thieves a world of scam opportunities. Pretty bold to steal your entire ad and try to use it on eBay, but I like Ironhand's idea. :)

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
There are more and more scams happening every day. The Internet provides thieves a world of scam opportunities. Pretty bold to steal your entire ad and try to use it on eBay, but I like Ironhand's idea. :)

The internet only provides the medium; its the stupid people that use it that provide the opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread