It shouldn't bug me, but it does.

sir-blah

Established Member
So I'm cruising home tonight and two lanes over some teenage kid yells "Hey, nice car, is it a 2003?" I reply yes and he asks how fast it is in the 1/4. I told him that I had only run it a couple times one day and got it to do a 12.8-12.9. He has the nerve to say "Hey, its still a nice car, but those things will only run a 13.99 in the quarter..." I hate people some times. He was a little more rude than that but I can't remember exactly. He knew enough to know it was a 2003 but not enough to not take a MotorTrend point of view on how fast it is. I know that it shouldn't bug me, but ahhhh! When people will get in your face and basically tell you that you are wrong about something you know is fact. I simply came back. "Hey, you don't have to believe me, but I guess you would have to side with 'ignorance is bliss' riding in that run down cavalier" Which he probably thought could run 10's. ( I know I should have kept my mouth shut, but its all I could come up with right then) OK, end or rant.

Juiced-03

Established Member
doesnt matter what he says, we know what they can do so thats all we care about. He was probably from a family that has only owned chevy's and is in denial when Ford comes out with a car that keeps up with a Z06 from the factory LOL

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
I bugs me not so much when someone disagrees with me; I can always be wrong. And I will admit when I am. However, I really get :mj: :gt: :cuss: when someone, basically, calls me a liar.

I am a V E R Y patient person; but this is one of those "peeves" that I do not deal with very well.:nonono:

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
Now you know how LEOs feel, people making comments while being uninformed, uneducated about what it is they are trying to speak on. "Ignorant" people are everywhere!:nonono:

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
Ignorance is curable.:idea:

Stupidity cannot.:bash:
chairshot.gif
smash.gif

fryingricecobra

Crappyservice=Nocustomers
Established Member
Originally posted by §ilver§nake
I bugs me not so much when someone disagrees with me; I can always be wrong. And I will admit when I am. However, I really get :mj: :gt: :cuss: when someone, basically, calls me a liar.

I am a V E R Y patient person; but this is one of those "peeves" that I do not deal with very well.:nonono:

Same here. I don't mind being disagreed with, but I hate when I am called a lair.

I hate it even worse when they act like they believe you, but you know they are thinking he's full of crap.

Orange Poison

Established Member
Dude, F--- that kid, what the hell does he know anyway.....People are always gonna talk chit.

Don't let people get to you head....else they've beaten you....

Just laugh them off and say whatever....have a good day

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by sir-blah
So I'm cruising home tonight and two lanes over some teenage kid yells "Hey, nice car, is it a 2003?" I reply yes and he asks how fast it is in the 1/4. I told him that I had only run it a couple times one day and got it to do a 12.8-12.9. He has the nerve to say "Hey, its still a nice car, but those things will only run a 13.99 in the quarter..." I hate people some times. He was a little more rude than that but I can't remember exactly. He knew enough to know it was a 2003 but not enough to not take a MotorTrend point of view on how fast it is. I know that it shouldn't bug me, but ahhhh! When people will get in your face and basically tell you that you are wrong about something you know is fact. I simply came back. "Hey, you don't have to believe me, but I guess you would have to side with 'ignorance is bliss' riding in that run down cavalier" Which he probably thought could run 10's. ( I know I should have kept my mouth shut, but its all I could come up with right then) OK, end or rant.

He didnt happen to say he was a time traveller from the year 1996 did he?

Friendchicken

He is probably a devout f-body guy that has nothing better to say cause he knows he lost the war :)

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
I have similar experience with the "unwashed" when out driving around.

A Sentra loaded with Romulus rednecks pulls up and the drivers drawls "That thing ever been in an accident?"

I, lacking the preparation for that extremely weird first question said "no!" then put my hand nearer my holstered Glock 19 just incase some thing was about to happen. The dimbulb says next, "So it's all factory?" I, not wanting to converse anymore says "yep!" Then they drive off. Very strange.........

Oh, don't worry about the Glock thing. My government trusts me and so should you.:eek:

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
THe question I got most when dirving around in my 95 Cobra was "is that a real Cobra"? Just because it doesn't say "COBRA" in mile-high letters all the way across the ass end of the car, doesn't mean it's a fake.

Those who think they know it all, irritate those of us who actually do. :D

Silver 03 Cobra

I'm with Blue Poison. Who is he that you should care about his opinion. Look what he's driving and look at what you are driving. Most of these dumb ass punks would have an 03 wrapped around a light pole or lost their license to drive in 24 hours in an 03. He isn't even mature enough to drive your car let alone own one. And the way I see it with the way young people act today and what todays school systems are putting out, look what he'll be driving 20 years from now. I'll never have to worry about a job.

F1-R Stang

Mobster
Established Member
I had two guys mid 20's following me for about 8 miles,just to say these intelligent words"hey buddy mustangs suck"---
they were in a Z28 convt (probably on a date)
I responded "I'll bet you have lots of people following you just to say something about your extinct, dime a dozen, piece of shit SLOWMARO."
-----By the way I gave them a thousand chances to race and they faged out every time.

so after a quick tounge lashing I let them get about 200 feet ahead of me on the bypass, I down shifted into 2nd and ran the beast thru the gears ---and passed them under full booooooooooost at about 95 mph ,as I went by I thought yea
they suck allright ,suck the freakin paint off of that turd. :thumbsup:

ultimate_weapon

Established Member
well, i'm real sucky driver and i did this first time out:
dind't heat the tires, slipped the clutch at 2000, (dont wanna break anything)
R/T .507
60ft 2.277
E.T. 13.564
MPH 107.9

BlueSVTSnake

Established Member
i got screwed with by a ws6 driver yesterday on my way to work. im on the highway goign 10 over the speed limit (80), and he pulls up next to me and sits there. i look at him and keep driving. he proceeds to blip the gas making his car lurch forward about 7 times. i keep ignoring him. not only are the roads wet from it raining an hour or so before, but my car had 400 miles on it. after he realized i wasnt going to race him, he calls me a pussy driving a slow piece of shit and takes off. i guess he figured i was afraid of his poor mans corvette. just ignore it. people like that are morons. i just love the fact that at least once a day, i get a "nice freaking car" from someone. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread