"IT" movie (not a spoiler)

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I ended up getting my wife to go because a friend and his girlfriend wanted to go. We loved it. My wife screamed three times. The first time was so loud that my buddy thought it was part of the movie.

Richie was great with the jokes. All the kids did a good job. No chance my kids will see this.

cj428mach

Established Member
The wife and I saw IT on Saturday and while I liked the movie I was disappointed. Neither of us found the movie scary and my wife scares easy.

I agree all the scares came from the clown himself and no real terror from the atmosphere. All the monsters looked cartoony.

1. Ritchie is the historian instead of Mike.
2. The way the monster was fought by the children.
3. Beverly was kinda weak.
I look forward to the sequel but I won't be as excited about it now.

Last edited:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I also didn't like some major departures from the book.
1. Ritchie is the historian instead of Mike.
2. The way the monster was fought by the children.
3. Beverly was kinda weak.
This would have been a great use of the spoiler alert feature.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I'm going to see It tonight. Can anyone comment to the gore level of the movie? I'm hoping if it's not scary it's at least gory.

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm going to see It tonight. Can anyone comment to the gore level of the movie? I'm hoping if it's not scary it's at least gory.

In my opinion no.

You get to see Georgie lose his arm but no gore like I was picturing in my head.
The Beverly in the bathroom scene is just like the original movie just way more blood. I think thats it for blood and gore.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Spoilers on a story and mini-series that is 30 years old?

Come on guys. What's next, we need spoiler alerts for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

Either way, I'm going by the grocery store to get a helium filled red balloon for the sewer next to my house. Got to get the wife worked up before I start with all the clown gags.

Coiled03

Established Member
All these people talking about how it's "not scary". You realize it's probably because it doesn't match up with your interpretation of the book, right? One of the great things about Stephen King - any good fiction author, really - is leaving things up to your imagination. You get to fill in the blanks. That's why the books are always better than the movies, IMHO.

The first time I read It, I distinctly recall reading several passages that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, but not because of the words, because of how I pictured what was happening in my mind's eye.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I read the book as a youngster and it scared the hell out of me and love the tim curry movie. Right now im listening to it again on audio

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
All these people talking about how it's "not scary". You realize it's probably because it doesn't match up with your interpretation of the book, right? One of the great things about Stephen King - any good fiction author, really - is leaving things up to your imagination. You get to fill in the blanks. That's why the books are always better than the movies, IMHO.

The first time I read It, I distinctly recall reading several passages that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, but not because of the words, because of how I pictured what was happening in my mind's eye.

I just think they did a poor job of setting the mood. A proper scary movie will give you a sense of dread and this just fell short IMO.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
21433046_1718097104880941_8554360218590025331_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread