It just dies

junk94

Blow thru's dont work
Established Member
Well on the way to work yesterday with the windows down I rolled up to the stop light and it just died. Fired it back up, next light did the same thing. Jumped on the interstate and it drove just fine, rolled the windows up and turned on the AC, got off on the ramp rolled up to the light and it was fine. Got off work windows up AC on, it was fine all the way home. Got back in it this AM, windows down no AC and it dies again, rolled up the windows and turned the AC on rolled up to the next light and its fine.

The car will idle down to about 500, jump up to 1,000 then die. All before I can keep it running. Anyone went through this maybe the IAC? Car has a filter and a shifter only.

junk94

Blow thru's dont work
Established Member
RKANYZ said:
sounds like you got "the stall"

And just how do you fix "the stall" Is there a cream or a shot for it :lol: :lol:

I am off to do some searching on the stall now. Seems that ford will reflash the computer and it takes care of it, off to Ford I go tonight. Wish me luck

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This may or may not be the stall issue, but definitely have your dealer reflash the computer with the latest code and see if that cures the problem. With the stall issue the failures for the most part were intermittent over time and the car usually stalls when you depress the clutch when coming to a stop. Yours seems to be a consistent issue with the idle. Crank the idle up a bit with the A/C and you're fine. Stop the A/C and your idle drops too low. Make sure your dealer knows the conditions under which the car stalled because they might want to check for another problem. Regardless, have them reflash your computer with the latest code.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Check vacuum lines. Smell your oil dip stick. If it smells like gas replace your FRPS and change the oil.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
CobraBob said:
This may or may not be the stall issue, but definitely have your dealer reflash the computer with the latest code and see if that cures the problem. With the stall issue the failures for the most part were intermittent over time and the car usually stalls when you depress the clutch when coming to a stop. Yours seems to be a consistent issue with the idle. Crank the idle up a bit with the A/C and you're fine. Stop the A/C and your idle drops too low. Make sure your dealer knows the conditions under which the car stalled because they might want to check for another problem. Regardless, have them reflash your computer with the latest code.

Sounds dead on the money Bob. With the a/c on, it kicks up the idle a bit. I'm guessing IAC problems...or a vacuum line.

Users who are viewing this thread