It is on Baby!!!

Fastford

Established Member
It is on Baby!!!Prochager Rocks the Dyno

Just finished dynoing a 03 cobra with the New PROCHARGER P1SC2 kit. Let me tell you what it is a Bad mother!! I ran it with both pullies 3.4 made 17psi and 3.20 20psi. Put it this way the car made over 660hp SAE and 550 torque @ 20psi. There is more left in it but the owner got a little uneasy about the whole thing. An artical will be out in 5.0 in the near future to give you more specifics but it is all over for the KB cars. Let me tell you, I have a KB 03 makein 600 and its lights out!!!!:) The inlet air temps are remarkable and fuel consumption. We made 630hp with stock injectors, swapped them out for some 55 and smaller pulley. 3.2. car made almost 700 uncorrected.

Brian Heron with Apten Performance has completed all the tuning for Procharger on this kit and can not release dyno sheets with out their approval. All the info will be public knowledege once artical in 5.0 comes out. we will be testing the 3.0 pulley once we finish the new fuel pump driver. Beyond the 700 mark will be made without trouble once fuel system gets upgraded.

Contact Apten Performance for details..[

Last edited:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I dont want to sound stupid, but this is just a screw type blower? Why are the numbers so high vrs the older Cobra's using similar blowers? I remember a dyno day in my area where a cobra with a similar blower hit like 440hp. Why is this so much higher? And is this style blower safer then a roots type blower?

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by mike79
I dont want to sound stupid, but this is just a screw type blower?
Its a centrifugal blower. (ATI, Vortech, Paxton)

It makes more power because it is more efficient and produces lower air temps than twin screws (KB)

Last edited:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Does that allow higher preasure with less chance of damage to the engine? Or its irrelevant?

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Sounds badass! I love centrifugal blowers. I didn't really care for the looks of the Procharger setup from the pics I've seen. Then again, appearance doesn't really mean a whole lot to me and $3,500 really isn't that bad considering I spent $1000 on exhaust alone.

Fastford

Established Member
I am working on a little refinement for the 03 kit. I is just going to take time. I will relocate the intercooler resevour and use a smaller radiator resevour. It should look pretty good when it get refined.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
Its a centrifugal blower. (ATI, Vortech, Paxton)

It makes more power because it is more efficient and produces lower air temps than twin screws (KB)

Less Friction, etc.. it is a belt driven turbo...

Users who are viewing this thread