Issue with shop

TheBorkinator

Established Member
Not sure where else to put this. I'll also avoid giving the name of the shop to avoid potential issues.

So I'm getting a new clutch in the car along with a few other things. I've been without my car since NOVEMBER, all for a damn clutch. Car has a Magnum XL instead of the stock MT-82 so I wanted to call the shop I ordered from first to verify I'm getting the correct clutch. They suggest a clutch and I buy it for $1200. That clutch was on backorder so I waited over a month to get it, and when I finally get it one of the flanges is bent all to hell somehow so I have to send it back and get another one. There's another month. Finally get the new one and it turns out it's not even the right clutch. The one they suggested to me COULD work, but I have to order a specific flywheel made for that particular clutch with my setup along with a different slave cylinder. So then I called McLeod to see what my options are they and they were confused as to why I was even suggested that clutch to begin with and said they have another one that would work perfectly with everything I already had. And that clutch was $300 cheaper to boot. So then I ordered directly from McLeod because I was tired of dealing with that shop.

Here's the issue I'm having now. I want to return the clutch I have that I can't use, but I can't get in contact with the shop. Their "contact us" page has no phone number or email listed, they only have this form you fill out to send them a message and you just have to hope they'll get back to you. I've filled out that form a few times now and it's been two weeks. Pretty sure I'm not going to hear back from them. I googled a phone number for them and a phone number does come up but no one ever answers it and the voicemail is a generic voicemail message, not one for the shop or anything.

What are my options?

Last edited:

TheBorkinator

Established Member
Is this shop local to you? I would just show up.

No unfortunately, they're in Ohio and I'm in NC. It's one of those shops with an online store, like American Muscle. They just showed up in a google search for the clutch I was looking at and they had a good price on them.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Not sure where else to put this. I'll also avoid giving the name of the shop to avoid potential issues.

So I'm getting a new clutch in the car along with a few other things. I've been without my car since NOVEMBER, all for a damn clutch. Car has a Magnum XL instead of the stock MT-82 so I wanted to call the shop I ordered from first to verify I'm getting the correct clutch. They suggest a clutch and I buy it for $1200. That clutch was on backorder so I waited over a month to get it, and when I finally get it one of the flanges is bent all to hell somehow so I have to send it back and get another one. There's another month. Finally get the new one and it turns out it's not even the right clutch. The one they suggested to me COULD work, but I have to order a specific flywheel made for that particular clutch with my setup along with a different slave cylinder. So then I called McLeod to see what my options are they and they were confused as to why I was even suggested that clutch to begin with and said they have another one that would work perfectly with everything I already had. And that clutch was $300 cheaper to boot. So then I ordered directly from McLeod because I was tired of dealing with that shop.

Here's the issue I'm having now. I want to return the clutch I have that I can't use, but I can't get in contact with the shop. Their "contact us" page has no phone number or email listed, they only have this form you fill out to send them a message and you just have to hope they'll get back to you. I've filled out that form a few times now and it's been two weeks. Pretty sure I'm not going to hear back from them. I googled a phone number for them and a phone number does come up but no one ever answers it and the voicemail is a generic voicemail message, not one for the shop or anything.

What are my options?
File dispute with your credit card company.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
PIIHB

But seriously, you've done what you can to get in touch with them and they've ignored you. I agree with disputing the charge. That'll get their attention.

ram150

USMC veteran
Established Member
Thirteen minus 6?? Hmmm hahahaha. Maybe the answer is secretly how many months it takes them to respond to customers??

Four Door SVT

Established Member
I would not send it back before I file with the bank or whatever they will tell you to keep it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread