Issue with new neighbor

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Their dog barks nonstop. From the time they let it out until they let it back in. I know dogs bark and the occasional dog barking doesn't bother me but I don't understand how's this dogs throat isn't bleeding. They've lived there a few months and it has now got to the point where I'm yelling shut the **** up while I'm working in the garage. Ten o'clock at night we're listening to it's bark echo in the bedroom. I'm almost to the point of loosing my shit.

For reference I've attached a screenshot of the layout. My garage is the blue roof and the neighbors house is to the right of it. It's close proximity to begin with. Where the grass transitions colors is where my chain link fence separates our property. The dog lays on the fence and barks which is roughly 20' from the garage.

I've attached what I assume to be some sort of noise ordinance but I don't understand it. What can I do with it? Who do I call to make these jackasses make the dog stop barking? Does this document give me any thing useful or am I just pissing in the wind?

I hate being inside. I love being outside working or playing with my car or something in the garage. Someone please give me some guidance. View attachment ordin17_2005 (1).pdf
Screenshot_20230419-075429_Maps.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Call your Sheriff and have them make a social call. And they'll tell them point blank their pooch is becoming a nuisance. Keep it up and it'll be removed. Done that with a neighbor with exactly what you described so I called the Sheriff and they told them if it barks for more than 10 minutes you better be doing something or the county animal control will be sent and remove said animal. Turns out I wasn't the only one that made calls but I was the only one to call the Sheriff and so what they said was law since it was a property dispute.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Check your local nuisance laws.

Tell your neighbor he has a problem.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I had a similar issue with my neighbor. He had two small yapping dogs that were nonstop! I felt like you, how do they keep going for hours on end and not have a sore throat. I would go to bed at 9pm to get up at 3:30am and my bedroom is on the side of the house next to this neighbor. I swear I was thinking of grabbing those dogs and driving them out to nowhere and dropping them off. I didn't help that this neighbor is a jerk so instead of trying to reason with him I called the city on him. By the second call it was done. He was never home so he didn't have to hear it. When he would get home sometime around 12-1am he would let them in the house.

So if you can talk to your neighbor and see if you can reason with him try that, if not call and talk to your city and see what they would do if you reported him.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely check your local noise/nuisance laws, including times of day he isn't considered a noise violation. Then if you find that this neighbor is not abiding by the law, go talk to him. He "might" actually listen, or he might not care. Bottom line after that is that if his dog continues to be a problem and the guys breaking the law, call the police and file a complaint. Hopefully they'll then give him a written warning. Find out if he did get a warning and when. If nothing changes with the neighbor and dog, file another complaint. Usually after a certain number of complaints (3?), they will issue a fine. THAT might wake him up. If not, they'll probably fine him again. Sooner or later he'll either abide by the law, or he'll get rid of the dog. Our town doesn't forcibly remove an animal unless it's a danger (ie. allowed to roam and bites one or more people).

mariusvt

Established Member
Friendly neighbor move, talk to them about it. If it persists, then make a call to the Sheriff.

SVT response options. 1) Record dog barking, run a speaker to their bedroom window, blast it over speaker @ 3am. 2) Gel Blaster, full auto no mess or evidence left behind.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Their dog barks nonstop. From the time they let it out until they let it back in. I know dogs bark and the occasional dog barking doesn't bother me but I don't understand how's this dogs throat isn't bleeding. They've lived there a few months and it has now got to the point where I'm yelling shut the **** up while I'm working in the garage. Ten o'clock at night we're listening to it's bark echo in the bedroom. I'm almost to the point of loosing my shit.

For reference I've attached a screenshot of the layout. My garage is the blue roof and the neighbors house is to the right of it. It's close proximity to begin with. Where the grass transitions colors is where my chain link fence separates our property. The dog lays on the fence and barks which is roughly 20' from the garage.

I've attached what I assume to be some sort of noise ordinance but I don't understand it. What can I do with it? Who do I call to make these jackasses make the dog stop barking? Does this document give me any thing useful or am I just pissing in the wind?

I hate being inside. I love being outside working or playing with my car or something in the garage. Someone please give me some guidance. View attachment 1790464View attachment 1790465

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Have you spoken to the Neighbor about this yet? Id start with that before going anywhere else with it....

robvas

Established Member
Ultrasonic speaker on your back fence/tree

If that fails toss some ultrasonic dog treats in that general direction

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Call the ATF and they'll take out the dog free of charge.

Have you ever spoken to the neighbors on any topic?
Maybe just mention it, politely, and see if they address it.
I don't know how some can be so obtuse to let their dog outside to bark nonstop, unless he's out there "alone" when the adults are gone for work?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
before i even opened this thread i already knew it was about dogs. About 9/10 animal control wont do anything about it unless the dogs are loose or have bitten someone. On top of that, the sound of the barking dogs is the sound of your property value dropping.

patc84

Established Member
my neightbors have 4 yappers that torment my 2 dobies. always running the fence barking and snarling. The people dont even try to shut them up. They will hear a bunch of curse words from patio telling them to bring them in and shut the **** up.

My dogs get loud if they see someone or chasing a squirrel, but i have complete control of them.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I would talk to the neighbor and have a friendly conversation. Maybe get an introduction to the dog. Have to remember the dog is in a new environment and probably still a little nervous from the new sounds, smells and sights.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Toss some doggy Xanax over the fence in a treat. We give it to mine before thunderstorms and fireworks otherwise she's obnoxious with anxiety. Yippers will be mellowed out in 20min and probably sleep for two days.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Toss some doggy Xanax over the fence in a treat. We give it to mine before thunderstorms and fireworks otherwise she's obnoxious with anxiety. Yippers will be mellowed out in 20min and probably sleep for two days.
I'll bet you've been busy making cocktails for women over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread