Issue with blower & return style fuel P0627

lenny127

Established Member
Looking for input here . Long story short , been fbo e85 cj NA (2014 track pack ) for a few years . Decided to upgrade the car with boost .

Took it to a shop cause too much work for me to handle , added vortech v3 si (stock 3.6 pulley ) , fore return style stage 1 (e85) with fc2 controller , Id1050s , opg/crank sprocket , 3.31s , rebuilt the twin disc etc etc

Shop returns the car to me Friday at noon , all seems well , it’s on a Lund base map . Friday night I notice couple coolant leaks so I re button all clamps up . Later in the day it doesn’t boost so i check couplers and one became undone as the piping settles in , re do them all .

Soon as I go try it out to get in boost just to check that they hold (no WOT since it’s on a base map ) hit a quick 3-4 psi and the car starts dying .

Engine begins hunting at idle , throws code PO627 , do my research and I begin to double check all that was modified . Wiring on the fore system , O2s , harnesses , relays , possible vacuum leaks etc ... also as I reflash and check more it throws codes P2196/P2198 .

I did notice one guy on here had same issue back in 2014 with return and whipple on a base map but no outcome on the thread , so I messaged and waiting for a response .

The thing now idles pig rich , mid 9s .... also base fuel pressure with no signal is steady at 55 and with signal drops a tad , so looks normal.

One last abnormal thing is the Lund ngauge displayed a blue error screen , I unplugged it and re connected and gauge seems fine . (Emailed them to see what they say )

I have checked everything I can think of (not with multimeter just visually ) and I can’t figure it out so I’m towing it to the shop today since they have more resources and time than myself .

Anyone with any experience , I’m leaning this being a fuel management issue but I am mechanically inclined not electronically .

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
bring back to shop, have them fix. lol

Honestly if they didn't check for coolant leaks & pipes coming off who knows what else they may have missed.

lenny127

Established Member
Per Lund both of my o2s aren’t responding . So I will swap them . Kind of weird that they would both go out simultaneously .

Car did sit at the shop for 8 weeks but did run ok for 1 day , gonna swap and see . But is this the problem or just of the results ?

Thank you fir the input I’ll report back

lenny127

Established Member
For now problem solved ! Both O2s replaced no codes all is normal .

I can only imagine that the car sitting fir 8 weeks possibly helped both o2s take a dump ? I have Kooks 1 7/8 and 3.5 years of daily driving on e85 ahd never an issue , who knows maybe sitting for too long did it .

Thank you guys for chiming in

Users who are viewing this thread