Issue.. Big issue...#8 on a good supercharged tune

stang8psi

Established Member
I know its pay to play and all that jazz but It has me thinking twice about a S/C

Just remember that you are adding +200-250 more rwhp than ever intended on the motor. And no one can guarantee anything won't happen. It's just something to keep in mind.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
When i picked my car from the paxton install, the guys at jpc told that they could have got me 635hp with 2 more degrees of timing but did not put it in because i requested a conservative tune. I think my motor is solid...at 602hp plus 20hp with my new headers!

Dave5.0

Established Member
The motor DID NOT blow because of the tune or extra power. It blew because the wire that goes to the fuel injectors got flamed to death causing an extremely lean mixture for a short amount of time. That's all it takes!

Current status: Motor ordered, all other supporting mods for 700+ ordered, and towing the car today to MD!!!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
The motor DID NOT blow because of the tune or extra power. It blew because the wire that goes to the fuel injectors got flamed to death causing an extremely lean mixture for a short amount of time. That's all it takes!

Current status: Motor ordered, all other supporting mods for 700+ ordered, and towing the car today to MD!!!

you know i find that hard to believe.. if a fuel injector wire burns or gets cut the fuel injector will stop pulsing and if there is no fuel in the combustion chamber nothing will get hot enough to cause any damage because there is no fuel to detonate.. did you see that wire your self? do you have pictures???? are you guys that the shop is not hiding anything? btw im not blaming the tune for anything but i just dont believe that fuel injector wire thing.

Last edited:

jojobee

Established Member

Beside the block from Livernois what supporting mod did you order ?
If you dont mind sharing what will be the cost for parts, block and labor.
Im trying to figure this out but am seeing major differences between what shop are quoting. Of course the quality of the parts has something do do but still...
In my case i want to build it before i have to it if possible.

Dave5.0

Established Member
I did see the wire. It's possible it didn't cut it in time. It only takes very little.

The supporting mods are a Lethal H pipe, JMS boost-a-pump chip, fiel injectors, and clutch. That's all. Plus the catback and my JLT big air of course.

BTW - upgraded to the big bore 5.3 and they have it in stock!

downwardspiral

Hammerhead
Established Member
you know i find that hard to believe.. if a fuel injector wire burns or gets cut the fuel injector will stop pulsing and if there is no fuel in the combustion chamber nothing will get hot enough to cause any damage because there is no fuel to detonate.. did you see that wire your self? do you have pictures???? are you guys that the shop is not hiding anything? btw im not blaming the tune for anything but i just dont believe that fuel injector wire thing.

I think its plausible, there is still a bit of combustible material from the PCV system. I wouldn't want to run my car hard without an injector plugged in either way. If it were an intermittent short, it could have been letting a little fuel by or dumping fuel which would also blow a cylinder. who knows what really happened anyway

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I think its plausible, there is still a bit of combustible material from the PCV system. I wouldn't want to run my car hard without an injector plugged in either way. If it were an intermittent short, it could have been letting a little fuel by or dumping fuel which would also blow a cylinder. who knows what really happened anyway

Yeah but if that was the case every coyote would blow up after hitting the rev limiter. Which is a fuel cut off.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for your business Dave! We actually discussed your setup this morning in a meeting. Good to see you went with the Big Bore, you'll def be happy! If you have any questions please feel free to PM me on here. Thanks for the business. -Chris

Dave5.0

Established Member
Looking forward to seeing the results of your build.

Thanks for your business Dave! We actually discussed your setup this morning in a meeting. Good to see you went with the Big Bore, you'll def be happy! If you have any questions please feel free to PM me on here. Thanks for the business. -Chris

My pleasure! I am very excited to see this happen. Will the big bore be good for at least 10-20 more WHP or WTQ?

Also, I hope the heads or top end wasn't affected at all!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
hope you can get finish without having to spend to much money man. i am going to go with the livernois rotating assembly and oil pump and with arp hardware. ofcourse this is if i dont window my block in the next few months.

RusWolf

Established Member
hope you can get finish without having to spend to much money man. i am going to go with the livernois rotating assembly and oil pump and with arp hardware. ofcourse this is if i dont window my block in the next few months.

he did say money is not an issue... and looking at this coilovers that is true lol

GL OP, curious to see the actual results of 5.3L engine.

Dave5.0

Established Member
Although I don't have a budget really, I don't want to have to spend more than needed lol ya know?

On another note, curious to see the torque curve of the 5.3 with a Whipple.

grnenvy

Established Member
Your problem seems very fishy to me but what ever.
For all the guys thinking your shit won't blow up your crazy. Even with the best tune
anything over 8psi can be a problem. U get one bad tank of gas and your screwed.
Most of us are pushing these motors to the point of destruction.
My motor runs fine and doesn't puff a bit of smoke but at this time I'm looking
at replacing my short block. Most of the guys playing can't afford to play let alone Fix. Preventive maintence is a must with this motor.
This isn't a forged 03 Cobra motor.

Users who are viewing this thread