Issue after clutch change.

Bluemach91

Loch Nar
Established Member
Alright so I have had an issue after changing the clutch in my mach a few weeks ago. It clicks. As long as I do NOT have the clutch pedal pressed in the transmission sounds fine. After pressing the pedal in after about 5 seconds this horrible clacking noise starts up. It is definitely something rotating. It changes in speed when you rev the car up. The noise immediately goes away as soon as the clutch is released. I've tried a new flywheel, 2 new throwout bearings, 2 new pilot bearings, 2 brand new clutches, the transmission was taken apart and I was told it looked great. The car had a really stiff clutch in it before and it was suggested maybe the trust bearing was worn out because of that?

I'm pretty much at a loss. Could it be a bent or twisted input shaft?I figured that would have been caught one of the 4 times the tranny was out and when it was taken apart. I didn't drive the car the easiest before the initial clutch change, and the transmission it self is horribly loud. Before the clutch change the only noise was a squeaky throwout bearing which is why I changed it in the first place.

Edit: cut the filter after all this started and no metal shavings were found.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread