ISS and space shuttle visible to naked eye...

03DOHC

Established Member
I see satellites all the time when I go out with my telescope. You can easily see a lot of them with the naked eye. Sometimes they zip across the eyepiece too.

whiplash306

Established Member
All this stuff is fascinating, but I really need to educate myself on how to locate objects in parts of the sky using all those astronomical location measurements. For now, I understand almost NONE, thus making my backyard viewing relegated to chance sightings and obvious naked eye objects, such as planets, stars and of course, our meteorite showers! I have seen numerous satellites by chance as well. Amazing to see how fast those suckers zip through the night sky. Have to be honest though, since learning about the irridium flares about four years ago, I've yet to see one as I don't know how/where to look.....

Thanks for the links guys. Astrodudepsu, I rarely see eye to eye with you when concerning faith based matters, but your contributions by way of easily understood explanations to some of our site's astronomical threads is mind boggling....! Keep it up as I do appreciate them!!!

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Was out a couple weekends ago and saw 2 satellites go by within 20 mins of each other on the same path. Looks like theres 1 or 2 every night. Thanks!

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
I'll be looking tonight but we've been covered with clouds over here in Oregon. My father said he saw them last night where he was at, and they were very bright and across the sky quickly.

TGIF, talk to you all later! :beer:

Jefe

Established Member
Yep gonna be too cloudy here. Plus its not dark for another 45 mins...

Users who are viewing this thread