Is True Forged still around?

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
im looking to sell the Chicanes off my own car as im looking to drop back down to a 19.

my wheels are 20x9.5 20x11 three piece Chicanes. brushed bronze centers with chrome lips. wrapped in MPSS. not sure how "reasonable" you're looking for lol. i can ship as well. the finish on the centers can be changed but that just adds to the cost. or you could easily have it done yourself at a later time.

Search is your friend. Just joking! Sad because he sold such a great product but just faded away. Apparently he is around but no one seems to have any luck contacting or buying anything from True Forged.

shaner

Established Member
Somebody sent me a link I guess he's selling insurance now but your right he did make a hell of a product!

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

ClayDee

Established Member
He gave me a price on some wheels approximately 4 or 5 months ago. Took him a few weeks to respond but I think he is still around.

shaner

Established Member
Yea he's selling insurance now only working on hood parts from what I read so I guess wheels are out for now

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
True Forged Carbon Fiber Hood Vent for 2013-2014 Shelby GT500 is the best looking one on the market. I am sure there is a story behind this saga but still sad.

Many people work hard to try and build a business and fail to be so popular or have products so successful. I have the hood vent thankfully.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I guess I didn’t realize he hasn’t been active latley. This is horrible news. Those are some of the best made, best looking wheels out there.

Wingrider

Established Member
True Forged Carbon Fiber Hood Vent for 2013-2014 Shelby GT500 is the best looking one on the market. I am sure there is a story behind this saga but still sad.

Many people work hard to try and build a business and fail to be so popular or have products so successful. I have the hood vent thankfully.

I was able to get one of the last black '11-14 hood vents he had left on a trip to LA last year. I love it and he was a great guy to work with through getting it from him in person.

Problem was- the product was too nice and the price point high enough people complained. "Oh I can get one cheaper from...." They were also not perfectly made since they were all hand built. Mine fit great and where it was a little off, a twist with my hands here and there along the length of it did the trick. Nobody complained about the build quality of Shelbys but lots of complaints for him trying to make something unique.

Bummer it was not sustainable. I love mine and also thankful I got one.

dynasty_v6

Established Member
Wow I guess I never thought about it but yeah I haven't seen Steve around here in a while

His homepage is very broken

http://www.trueforgedwheels.com/?/

and he's got a few angry customers on his FB page

True Forged

Here is a thread from back in March where he says some transitions are going on

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/still-in-business.1154761/#post-15840162

It looks like he's still around, last logged in Jul 8th
To be fair, there's 1 negative review that he's hard to get a hold of now. There's nothing stating he ripped anyone off or something crooked.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I never implied he did, I was just showing some people asking is he still in business on his fb page

In the ten years I've been on this site I've never heard of anyone getting scammed by Steve
To be fair, there's 1 negative review that he's hard to get a hold of now. There's nothing stating he ripped anyone off or something crooked.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Just because you are a great chef, that doesn't make you a great restaurant owner. Lots more to running a business than creating good product.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Just because you are a great chef, that doesn't make you a great restaurant owner. Lots more to running a business than creating good product.

I appreciate and applaud Steve for trying to support and supply items for our cars! It was a tough market the last 10 years. In my dealing, he was nothing but professional. A good member, trying to do good for others. Thanks Steve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quik Z06

Established Member
Logistics in that it got to be too much of a pain in the ass dealing with the suppliers when you could make more money selling insurance.

Totally agree! I have a Vette parts business, but the only way you can survive is if you control manufacturing yourself (or have another full tim job) For me, I've always had a full time job and done this on the side. Business is actually really good, but I'd never quit my job to do this full time. I buy from manufacturers, and as mentioned you can never control how or when they make stuff, you are at their mercy. Even parts that are made exclusively for us get pushed back pissing off customers that are waiting. I don't blame Steve for jumping ship, if it doesn't work you gotta move on.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Steve is great guy who sold an excellent product. Can’t blame someone for doing something to better themselves or doing what makes them happy. Miss dealing with Steve.

If OP needs wheels try Howey Industries. They are good to work with or Forgeline wheels at True Forged price points.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I spoke with Steve via text message a few months ago when I had a couple questions about my TF wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread