Is torque management killing my VMP tune??

PhillyStyle

Established Member
I have the VMP supercharger setup on my 2012 MT car. It makes great power and runs great on the street. HOWEVER, when I mount my drag radials and hit the drag strip is when the problem starts. The car will immediately cut power for a couple seconds on any good launch...feels like 50% throttle for 2-3 seconds. I've made 30+ passes at the track and It either spins off the line or hooks then cuts the power. I read that this is likely Torque Management kicking in, which can only be corrected in the tune. From my understanding it's not just something that can be turn off, but more of a number of parameters that have to be adjusted. I contacted Justin at VMP and he sent me a revised tune but it still does the same thing. It was so frustrating yesterday during a track event that I dropped out and went home.

Has anyone else experienced this Torque Management issue while running a VMP or any other tune and were you able to get it corrected? I'd hate to go and get it dyno tuned and still have this issue. I also heard it referred to as "Clutch Protection" ?? Just looking for any insight on this.

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
Keep in touch with Justin, he's very good at what he does. After a couple revisions, my cars running great.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
the thing i love about torque management and the traction control system is when i forget to turn it off and drop a gear on the highway it cuts all power and makes me look like a retard.... lol

i think shaun put my torque management to like 80000000000 or something b/c after getting his tunes it stopped unless i had traction control on.

in all honesty its a great system just not great when you wanna go balls out. im sure vmp can take care of it for you.

PhillyStyle

Established Member
I'll definitely reach out to VMP again to see if they can help. When i originally contacted them about the issue, I kinda got the sense that it wasn't a common issue, therefore, there wasn't an easy fix. But then I read comments from people saying how their tuner just "turned it off".

Users who are viewing this thread