Is this where my fuel press. sending unit should be?

My96z

Established Member
Is this the correct place for my Autometer fuel pressure sending unit to be? I would think it should be attached to the rail itself. I have no clue to what its tapped into now. Seems like it reads low than what normal rail pressure should be. This is how it was when I bought the car.

Here is a pic of the drivers side of the engine. The Autometer fuel pressure gauge sending unit has the purple wires running to it. What is it attached to? If I need to move it, what size is the plug where its connected? What do I need to move it to the rail on the pass. side?

DSCF1839.gif

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
If you are going to move it anywhere, I would suggest moving it to the firewall and off of the motor. The senders are pretty sensative to the vibrations on the motor.
A remote mounting kit is sold for this purpose and will connect to the adapter that you have on your car now.

My96z

Established Member
So that is a adapter on there? At idle I see about 15 PSI of pressure where its mounted now. That seems low to me....

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
yes, 15# at idle is low.
The sender may be bad already
You can try hooking a mechanical gauge temporarily to see the pressure and go from there

Users who are viewing this thread