Is this too lean of an A/F at idle?

S/CCobra03

Established Member
I just installed a set of LT headers on my 03 a few weeks ago. I've noticed that the car is now idling at 15.2-16:1. It would always idle around 14.7 before the LT's. The WOT A/F has not changed. So will I have to get a new tune in order to fix my lean condition at idle? I thought custom tuning would only change the A/F under WOT.

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
S/CCobra03 said:
I just installed a set of LT headers on my 03 a few weeks ago. I've noticed that the car is now idling at 15.2-16:1. It would always idle around 14.7 before the LT's. The WOT A/F has not changed. So will I have to get a new tune in order to fix my lean condition at idle? I thought custom tuning would only change the A/F under WOT.

I'm not an expert, but what I've been told is that under part throttle/idle the computer tries to go to stoichiometric which is 14.7:1. Here's a link to some info I found:

http://home.earthlink.net/~graham1/MyToyotaPrius/SideBars/Stoichiometric.htm

I'm not sure why it would idle a touch higher, but my bet is that it isn't too big an issue. Here's where an experienced tuner can step in and answer that question...

Good luck!

Brad

Banned
S/CCobra03 said:

Not to hijack but how'd you, "self," port your blower? Got pics? I ported mine too. Any dyno results?

S/CCobra03

Established Member
Brad said:
Not to hijack but how'd you, "self," port your blower? Got pics? I ported mine too. Any dyno results?

I have before and after pictures that I will try and PM you tonight. I still haven't made it to the dyno yet though. However, my will run door-to-door with a Steg. stage three ported car. I know this because one of my friends has one.

Users who are viewing this thread