is this the lubelocker for the lpw?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Really you guys are using this? I'm sure my mechanic would laugh and say to use a rtv instead. I was under the impression that the ford T31 diesel sealant is the way to go?

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
A thin high quality gasket is good to use I would not trust RTV.
DSCF1493.jpg

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
[/COLOR]

This is what I thought everyone is using.

i had a pro driveline shop setup my tru-trac differential.

i supplied them with the lpw cover to put on at the same time. when i offered to supply a gasket - they said no - that they do not use gaskets.

lpw's instructions also specify to use a silicone sealant instead of a gasket - to minimize deflection.

fwiw

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
A thin high quality gasket is good to use I would not trust RTV.
DSCF1493.jpg

Have you ever tried the motorcraft T31? I've heard its not your average rtv. I've never used it yet, talked with some mechanics at my local ford dealership and they said the stuff is awsome.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Yea, I called LPW & they said You can use a Thin gasket if you drag race (brake the beed & you have a leaker!

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Have you ever tried the motorcraft T31? I've heard its not your average rtv. I've never used it yet, talked with some mechanics at my local ford dealership and they said the stuff is awsome.

Yes I have heard of it. I yust dont like leaks.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
^ With stock rubber in the IRS they all end up leaking if you drive it hard.:read:

Yeah guess mine hasn't been driven that hard? Seems alot of people start a leak once they install a brace. My car has only been pullied for about 1500 miles, but I don't beat the piss out of it constantly.

I'm really confused on which way to go now, I have till spring to decide I guess.

cobrakon

Established Member
thinking about a lubelocker gasket and the lpw. anyone else on this site using this setup with good or bad results? did you replace the differential bushings? how is the car driven (beat on or occasionally get on it.) great thread meant to post this up myself.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
thinking about a lubelocker gasket and the lpw. anyone else on this site using this setup with good or bad results? did you replace the differential bushings? how is the car driven (beat on or occasionally get on it.) great thread meant to post this up myself.

+1 I have the same questions, and will be using FTBR diff bushings. I'm sure if I show up to my shop with a diff gasket I'll get hassled about it.

TVSCobra

Established Member
I think the lubelocker is designed to have more "flex". So having a leak from deflection is less likely. Looks like a lot of rock crawlers and off road guys like it since they end up hitting their differential covers on rocks and what not. Personally I would just use the Ford stuff or the Grey Ultra RTV from any parts store.

http://www.permatex.com/products/Au...gid_High-Torque_RTV_Silicone_Gasket_Maker.htm

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
I guess this is going to be a personal preference deal huh fellas. I dont see anything really solid on either the silicone or gasket. Its up in the air it seems...sux im undecided

Users who are viewing this thread